Super Smash Bros Brawl

Arek the Absolute

So basically this guy is so ingrained in Melee physics he refuses to adapt. I don't care how good people say this guy is. It sounds to me that he's unable to get by without his fancy tricks and exploits. Granted, he really knows his Melee stuff, but it seems that he has no appreciation for simplicity.

It's not to say his opinion isn't valid, but it just seems like he's crying because he can't dominate anymore. I won't claim to be a Smash master, but seriously. Perspective, people...

You're all wrong. Ukemi is when you use your Zoom-In VFX just before you hit the ground after being punched in the face by a bad guy.

...Wait, wrong game. Still, couldn't help but chuckle at the name of the technique.

Ooh, oh, tag the martial arts nerd in!

Achem, ukemi is a Japanese term for the art of the uke. The uke is literally the one who gives force, or in layman's terms, the attacker. Thus, ukemi incorporates techniques such as breakfalls and rolls for the protection of the uke after his or her force is met by the nage (defender) and countered.

Thus, ukemi gets used in games a lot as a term for break or "tech" falls.

Tripping isn't too bad.

It is indeed completely random. It is rare. It's dumb, but you can use a get-up attack or roll or whatever to get out of it so it's not a real nuisance.

Mew2King's "review" after playing a few hours is about how I felt after playing one match. It's not Melee. Not even close. After playing a few hours I loved it, and after a few days I've adapted completely and can play Brawl reasonably well (No one is pro at this game yet. This takes time to thoroughly learn all the system's ins and outs and figure out what this means for you and your opponent).

Tourney fags are tourney fags. They have their own viewpoint, I have mine. Brawl has met my sky-high expectations.

So basically this guy is so ingrained in Melee physics he refuses to adapt. I don't care how good people say this guy is. It sounds to me that he's unable to get by without his fancy tricks and exploits. Granted, he really knows his Melee stuff, but it seems that he has no appreciation for simplicity.

It's not to say his opinion isn't valid, but it just seems like he's crying because he can't dominate anymore. I won't claim to be a Smash master, but seriously. Perspective, people...

his disappointment doesn't have anything to do with whether he'll dominate in the game, it's just that to him it doesn't seem like it'll be as fun as melee, without all the things that made melee intense and deep.

not saying i agree, i still have to play the game

Tripping isn't too bad.

It is indeed completely random. It is rare. It's dumb, but you can use a get-up attack or roll or whatever to get out of it so it's not a real nuisance.

Mew2King's "review" after playing a few hours is about how I felt after playing one match. It's not Melee. Not even close. After playing a few hours I loved it, and after a few days I've adapted completely and can play Brawl reasonably well (No one is pro at this game yet. This takes time to thoroughly learn all the system's ins and outs and figure out what this means for you and your opponent).

Tourney fags are tourney fags. They have their own viewpoint, I have mine. Brawl has met my sky-high expectations.

You just can't think Mew2King is the leader of tournament players, many tournament players like the game right now, he's just pissed because he can't be instantly good at the sequel and might not be one of the best anymore, boo hoo for him

You just can't think Mew2King is the leader of tournament players, many tournament players like the game right now, he's just pissed because he can't be instantly good at the sequel and might not be one of the best anymore, boo hoo for him

M2K is somewhat famous for his brag-a-thons. He has a website devoted to his video game achievements, and blah blah blah he's full of himself.

I was kinda disappointed that Mew2King doesn't use M2 @ tourneys, though.

ON TOPIC: So tripping is totally random? That sucks. I'll have to practice my aerial movement so I don't stay on the ground too much.

M2K is somewhat famous for his brag-a-thons. He has a website devoted to his video game achievements, and blah blah blah he's full of himself.

I was kinda disappointed that Mew2King doesn't use M2 @ tourneys, though.

ON TOPIC: So tripping is totally random? That sucks. I'll have to practice my aerial movement so I don't stay on the ground too much.

if you played melee for any amount of time you should already engage in most of your combat in the air

if you played melee for any amount of time you should already engage in most of your combat in the air

I normally do - Peach user, yo. But I like to use her dash attack more than I probably should, if this tripping thing happens often enough to screw with that. If it doesn't then w/e - a chance of failure comes with everything in Melee, so tripping just makes it slightly higher.

I normally do - Peach user, yo. But I like to use her dash attack more than I probably should, if this tripping thing happens often enough to screw with that. If it doesn't then w/e - a chance of failure comes with everything in Melee, so tripping just makes it slightly higher.

At least in Melee the failure made SENSE. Luigi and Pichu misfiring made sense. G&W picking the wrong number made sense. If you trip while running, you don't deserve to be in a fighting tourney.

ya if they cant get rid of this lag this game will seriously piss me off

yes i am bringing back an old argument but on CERTAIN OTHER CONSOLES ive played people in germany japan and the uk at the SAME time and it has been COMPLETELY lag free

so ya no excuse nintendo your online interface sucks enough dont ABSOLUTELY kill it

ya if they cant get rid of this lag this game will seriously piss me off

yes i am bringing back an old argument but on CERTAIN OTHER CONSOLES ive played people in germany japan and the uk at the SAME time and it has been COMPLETELY lag free

so ya no excuse nintendo your online interface sucks enough dont ABSOLUTELY kill it

thats because its on live's servers and you kind of have to pay for those

cant compare apples and oranges