Super Smash Bros Brawl

Arek the Absolute

I dare you Atma. Just to see there reactions! HAHA!!

On a serious note, how far are you in Subspace?

if you need to put in white, that's fine.

we have all beaten it I SHALL PUT INFO IN WHITE BELOW THIS (about lengths only)

it took me 9 hours to complete, which REALLY impressed me. the only annoying thing was the last level took AN HOUR AND A HALF, which i thought was kinda ridiculous WHAT GENIUS DECIDED TO MAKE THE LAST STAGE SO INCREDIBLY LONG

there is no voice acting except for ZSS and snake

also dont ask atma questions about SSE cause he sucked at it ask GT and I we beat it 100%

also i warned atma about the last level but he was like no its cool im having fun but then 20 minutes later he was like DOES THIS EVER END and i was like dude i warned you and he was like :(

there is no voice acting except for ZSS and snake

also dont ask atma questions about SSE cause he sucked at it ask GT and I we beat it 100%

also i warned atma about the last level but he was like no its cool im having fun but then 20 minutes later he was like DOES THIS EVER END and i was like dude i warned you and he was like :(

ya that was fun

begin

(11:00:34 PM) ff3atmaweapon: how much of sse did you play?

(11:03:05 PM) Arek: beat it all

(11:03:15 PM) ff3atmaweapon: oh

(11:03:20 PM) ff3atmaweapon: I am at the end

(11:03:23 PM) Arek: HAVE FUN

(11:03:23 PM) ff3atmaweapon: DON'T SPOIL NOTHIN

(11:03:25 PM) Arek: hahahah

(11:03:29 PM) Arek: the end

(11:03:30 PM) Arek: 1 1/2 HOUR

(11:03:32 PM) Arek: DUNGEUN

(11:03:34 PM) Arek: HAVE

(11:03:34 PM) Arek: FUN

(11:03:37 PM) ff3atmaweapon: haha I figured

(11:03:43 PM) ff3atmaweapon: I've been in this thing for a while

(11:03:43 PM) Arek: you quit

(11:03:45 PM) Arek: YOU START OVER

(11:03:48 PM) ff3atmaweapon: I figure it's the end

(11:03:49 PM) ff3atmaweapon: oh

(11:03:50 PM) ff3atmaweapon: well

(11:03:53 PM) ff3atmaweapon: I WILL NOT QUIT

(11:07:18 PM) ff3atmaweapon: wait

(11:07:23 PM) ff3atmaweapon: I got to a dead end

(11:07:31 PM) ff3atmaweapon: does that mean I have to go on ALL directions?

(11:07:39 PM) Arek: there are no dead ends

(11:07:40 PM) Arek: you must go

(11:07:42 PM) Arek: through

(11:07:43 PM) Arek: it

(11:07:44 PM) Arek: all

(11:07:45 PM) Arek: face

(11:07:46 PM) Arek: all

(11:07:47 PM) Arek: 40

(11:07:48 PM) ff3atmaweapon: ohok

(11:07:49 PM) Arek: bosses

(11:07:56 PM) Arek: HAVE FUN

(11:08:01 PM) ff3atmaweapon: I hit a wall

(11:08:02 PM) ff3atmaweapon: so

(11:08:05 PM) Arek: press start

(11:08:06 PM) ff3atmaweapon: I have to go back

(11:08:07 PM) Arek: check the map

(11:08:08 PM) Arek: you fgt

(11:08:13 PM) ff3atmaweapon: yes

(11:08:17 PM) ff3atmaweapon: according to the map

(11:08:21 PM) ff3atmaweapon: I have hit a wall

(11:32:33 PM) ff3atmaweapon: DOES THIS EVER END

(11:32:42 PM) Arek: ENJOY\

(11:32:49 PM) ff3atmaweapon: ahaha

(11:41:53 PM) ff3atmaweapon: srsly

(11:41:55 PM) ff3atmaweapon: holy crap

(11:42:09 PM) Arek: /

(11:42:10 PM) Arek: ?

(11:42:14 PM) ff3atmaweapon: ENDLESS

(11:42:30 PM) Arek: yup

(11:56:04 PM) ff3atmaweapon: holy crap

(11:56:08 PM) ff3atmaweapon: I just got to the last room

(11:56:12 PM) ff3atmaweapon: I have SO MUCH MORE

(12:01:33 AM) Arek: bahahahahaha

(12:02:54 AM) ff3atmaweapon: and

(12:03:01 AM) ff3atmaweapon: apparently I can now see icons

(12:03:03 AM) ff3atmaweapon: for bosses

(12:03:06 AM) Arek: you have to beat them

(12:03:07 AM) Arek: all of them

(12:03:08 AM) ff3atmaweapon: WHY ARE THERE SO MANY

(12:08:24 AM) ff3atmaweapon: 14 more

(12:11:21 AM) Arek: rofl

(12:12:53 AM) ff3atmaweapon: 12

(12:14:04 AM) ff3atmaweapon: you can't use these green dudes as alt costumes can you

(12:14:09 AM) ff3atmaweapon: because thatd be NUTS

(12:14:19 AM) Arek: no

(12:14:24 AM) ff3atmaweapon: gayt

(12:14:25 AM) ff3atmaweapon: gay

(12:14:29 AM) ff3atmaweapon: WHY NOT NINTENDO

(12:24:24 AM) ff3atmaweapon: 7

(12:55:11 AM) ff3atmaweapon: DONE

so i guess more like 2 hours+

end

Alright so I'm pretty close to the 100 hour mark and I think it's about time I give my overall impressions of everything in this game, so here it is (I'm sure almost none of you will read this but I wanna type it anyway). This is also to piss off Taucer further HEY TAUCER IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW I HAVE BRAWL! :]

Graphics

Nothing much to say here. It's as good as I can see a Wii game looking. There are TONS of cutscenes and each and every one of them looks GREAT. I'm not sure if you people are aware that this is the FIRST Wii game to be on a Dual Layer DVD, but it is, and as a result all the CG is extremely high quality. There are almost no graphical glitches, or at least none that I've run into, which means that if there are any you have to REALLY look for them.

10/10 (sure it's no 360 game, but this is the Wii we're talking about, and I can't see a Wii game looking any better)

Music

OK, I know. You've all downloaded the OST. You all know it's excellent. There really isn't any more to say. I just feel bad for all of you because one of the most fun things about playing through it was having NO IDEA what music was in it and getting REALLY excited when I unlocked certain songs. And before you people start saying X song doesn't fit a fighting game wait until you play it. EVERYTHING fits. The only complaint (ok not really a complaint) is that I almost think there is TOO MUCH really good music in this game. What the heck does that mean? Well when a stage loads there I ALWAYS seem to want it to play another song, even if I really like the one it selects. Being able to turn stuff on and off in music is a plus, though, definitely.

10/10

Gameplay

This is coming from a Melee tourneyfag just so you all know. We all know the gameplay is really what it all comes down to. It's been said many times, this is NOT MELEE. It's slow, which at first pissed me off, but after playing it for a while it's not too difficult to get used to. The removal of directional dodges in midair confused the crap out of me for a really long time, but finally you realize that you can air dodge, attack, then air dodge again, which is kinda nice. The wide array of characters offers MANY different play styles, and they are all (at least thusfar) balanced very well. There doesn't seem to be a single overpowered character (maybe Pit or Wolf, but I don't think so). Here in the gameplay, though, lies one of my complaints. Random tripping has to be the stupidest idea I've ever heard ever. I don't get what genius said "Hey let's make characters trip every once in a while for no reason" and everyone else said "YEAH THAT'S A GREAT IDEA." There isn't enough of it to make it a HUGE deal, but it is a slight nuisance. Basically all in all I say there is nothing wrong with the gameplay.

10/10 If you don't like it, shut up and play Melee and stop complaining.

The Subspace Emissary

Yeah I know this is strange; there has never been a game mode in a Smash Brothers game this noteworthy. It's a great deal of fun, and playing co op is a blast. It can get a little repetitive at times, but all in all its very well done. The cut scenes tell the story as best as possible without any voice or text. It's also DIFFICULT. Don't expect to blow through this in one sitting and don't expect to never die. I played through on hard (not very hard) and I got TONS of game overs.

8/10 for the repetitiveness

Wifi

I am going to give Nintendo the benefit of the doubt and hope that the lag is gone upon US release. IF THAT IS THE CASE then here is my take on wifi. As I'm sure you could guess, I'm pissed about it. The random matchmaking is completely worthless. You pick your character and a stage and there is a 25% chance of it picking your stage and a 25% chance of it picking your item configuration. The AI is good enough in this that it is more fun to play against 3 AI characters and have full control than to play against 3 random nameless people in a TIMED match with the potential of lag and have no control. Spectator mode is actually not so bad. I would never sit and watch matches instead of playing but there have been times when I've been doing stuff on my computer and have left spectator on just for the heck of it. Friend codes are retarded. We all know that, but we are at the mercy of Nintendo and have to use them. In friend code matches, the host sets up a game and chooses the options, as well as adds AI if they want. More than one person can play on one wii (so decent 2v2 matches are possible). There is a 25% chance of it picking your stage selection and items, and custom stages cannot be used online, even if all players have it. So it's all very limited but still offers the basic Smash Brothers multiplayer experience online. Lack of VoIP is definitely annoying.

7/10

Some Little Things

Here are just some really quick notes. The stage builder is an excellent tool, although it's definitely limited. Being able to take snapshots in pause is great. The coin launcher is actually fun if you need something to do. Having co op in EVERYTHING (except classic) is a huge bonus. Replay saves are also a nice add in, as long as your match is short.

Overall I give this a perfect 10 though. Sure some parts are slightly flawed but the absolute excellence of the rest of the game makes up for it. Remember everyone, I go into games LOOKING for things to find wrong with it nowadays. I hated Mario Galaxy, for example. I haven't reached 100 hours of gameplay on anything in a really long time, let alone within 2 weeks. So if a hateful emo faggot jerk like me loves this game, you are a complete idiot if you don't like it.

Nintendo has made me feel like a fanboy again and it feels great. So everyone that I've called a fanboy faggot, I'm one of you retards now.

to those who wont read atmas review because well its atma:

i give the game a 10 out of 10

the only thing that is hurting is the wifi, but that is okay cause well its nintendo so they never get that shit right anyways

the main thing that blew me away wasnt the music but the stages. SO FUCKING BEAUTIFUL. Go play a "classic" melee stage like corneria then go play a brawl stage and you will be blown the hell away too

great game man great game

to those who wont read atmas review because well its atma:

i give the game a 10 out of 10

the only thing that is hurting is the wifi, but that is okay cause well its nintendo so they never get that shit right anyways

the main thing that blew me away wasnt the music but the stages. SO FUCKING BEAUTIFUL. Go play a "classic" melee stage like corneria then go play a brawl stage and you will be blown the hell away too

great game man great game

Haha, I remember when Arek was hating on the game's music. back in the old thread.

Good times. And two days away from playing Brawl :]