Super Smash Bros Brawl

Arek the Absolute

with the brawl physics faster characters do not nearly have the advantage they used to

falcons moves are really weak and as arek said hitting with the knee is much more difficult than it should be

gdorf is much better even though hes a ton slower his moves are MEAN

improved

let me put emphasis on this

IMPROVED

i love how g&w is now

How exactly, if you don't mind me asking? G&W was one of my favorite characters in Melee, even though I completely sucked as him, he was still fun to play as for shits and giggles. So I'm a bit happy now that he's apparently an actual good character, not just a "oh boy I hit someone with a turtle and a key and a torch how wacky" character.

-His up b recovery now has a parachute similar to peaches when he falls down

-His priority changed for the better *imho*

-His neutral a in the air changed from opening the chute to tossing a fishbowl. At first I hate this, but when I got used to it, I found that that fucker is awesome for chaining.

-*insert other various changes here*

the only thing I don't like is that is tilt down a on the ground no longer launches them up in the air to set you up for a combo, so get used to not using it so much :(

-His neutral a in the air changed from opening the chute to tossing a fishbowl. At first I hate this, but when I got used to it, I found that that fucker is awesome for chaining.

the only thing I don't like is that is tilt down a on the ground no longer launches them up in the air to set you up for a combo, so get used to not using it so much :(

Aw...if there's any one thing that Game and Watch was overpowered with, it was his down tilt. Oh well. I can get used to it, I suppose, given these things.

Dang, Gaymanwatch's neutral air was my favorite move.

I thought I was the only person who heard the crowd/announcer say that.

does he still toss bacon

he better still toss bacon

From what I've seen, I believe he does, except they added more black sillouhetted meat stuffs (like chicken legs.) I don't think it makes a difference though, someone else needs to confirm this.

What? G&W NEVER tossed bacon. The shape of whatever comes out of the pan is clearly NOT bacon. It was always debated as pancakes or sausages. I have Brawl on right now and closing examining all the different things coming out of his pan, I noticed chained sausages, fish (not chicken drumsticks though I can see how one could think them as chicken drumsticks), and pancakes (too oddly shaped to be one big sausage... could just be large slabs of meat).

Also, yes G&W has been improved significantly. His improvements + the new balancing makes him a force to be reckoned with. The improvements mentioned barely scratch the surface.

His Up+B recovery does have a parachute now which allows him to float to the ground. What's insane about this is that after the insane height he gets from Up+B, he gets to cover horizontal ground with the float from the parachute. Also he can cancel out of the parachute and attack on the way down. Most great Up+B moves don't allow you to attack afterwards. G&W's allows you to have this advantage.

I didn't notice his priority changing much from Melee. He already had high priority then. What G&W got beefed up in mostly was range and knock back.

Fishbowl neutral air is a good move. Not effective for killing like the parachute in Melee but it covers a lot of room and gives multiple hits. If you want a move that hits a lot with nice knockback on the last hit, his back air attack, the turtle, is a good bet. It eats up shields.

As for the down tilt A manhole move it's still just as good. It's not used for pop-ups now, but in Brawl I see that as a positive. In Brawl, don't even count on doing air juggles so the lack of pop up is good. What makes down tilt A a good move now is it's mostly a lagless horizontal knock back move. They also made the manhole even BIGGER. The range on it is just nuts.

And my favorite thing about G&W is now is that his up air move, the one where he blows air upwards, actually blows people upward. You can delay someone's aerial drop attack with this thing. It's hilarious.

There are a couple other finer points to G&W but I won't get into it or you all might turn into ridiculously good G&W players. :P

Flatzone 2 is just flat out awesome. Stage music is beautiful, stage effects aren't annoying, and it is pretty *at least to me*.

Also, ya, the frying pan now tosses out drum sticks and other various food items along with the bacon/pancakes.

EDIT: Haha, gt. I have been practicing a lot with G&W and there are a lot of different set ups I can do that you couldn't in melee. I love G&W so much. He is definitely my alt if I want to have a good time.

No. You're simply wrong here. When was the last time you had an s-shaped sausage, or pancake for that matter? Came and Watch is obviously cooking bacon.

S-Shaped Sausage: When they are chained, which is the case in Brawl.

Pancake: Take one off the plate and bend it into an S. Not very hard is it? It's not like they are hard to shape, especially in the air.

S-Shaped Sausage: When they are chained, which is the case in Brawl.

Pancake: Take one off the plate and bend it into an S. Not very hard is it? It's not like they are hard to shape, especially in the air.

also have you hurled a flapjack in the air to flip them? i have seen someone do that and they dont stay straight and flat in the air

they be flapjacks man

What? G&W NEVER tossed bacon. The shape of whatever comes out of the pan is clearly NOT bacon. It was always debated as pancakes or sausages.

I used to think it was bacon. But if you check one of the G&W trophies in Melee, you'll find that they are actually sausages.