Super Smash Bros Brawl

Arek the Absolute

major deny

the stage is funky but you can definitely fight without focusing on the minigames

Yay! This makes me happy. When it first was shown at the dojo I was psyched all over the place, and then I got worried they'd screw it up.

Also, unrelated to this, but I was just playing as G&W in Melee and I realized that never, not once, have I ever seen his down-b used successfully in a match. Has anyone else ever had any success with this move? Often times I end up forgetting about it, mostly, but once I did manage to fill the bucket before dying finally.

The down b special is great. Any time someone is using a projectile, I pop up the bucket and get three in. Sure, it won't do a lot of damage *especially if you suck up three shots from fox*, but it still helps. The move got buffed like crazy in brawl. I won't spoil how. That is something you will have to see for yourself.

also im pretty sure the bucket carries over its charge even when you die

Huh, so it does. Whoops.

The problem with me is that I'll somehow pull off filling the bucket, and then I screw up the actual attack somehow.

every person ive played with and many have been people who are not no item final d fags like me have hated the warioware stage after the first time

Please elaborate, I'd like to hear a differing viewpoint on this.

Please elaborate, I'd like to hear a differing viewpoint on this.

well if you do the microgame you get a stat boost like invincibility or a big mushroom and if 1 person gets the shroom and the other gets the star its kinda unfair

and the games get downright annoying

i seem to enjoy killing myself a lot by accident when i get falcon on random

also what the heck is with yoshis pound beating dededes

You were only Captain Falcon twice though, and you only killed yourself one of the two times.

Also, haha, ya, that was awesome how Yoshi's ground pound totally owned Dedede's.

So, in SSB64, wasn't Link decided as the best character? Strongest, and best range? I'm guessing in melee it was either falco or marth, because of their speed, strength and range. How about for brawl? in the videos, it looks like Link has been beefed up A LOT. which character would you brawl owners say is best?

Also, comment on the 64 and melee characters; I'd like to hear other opinions.

But...Let's try and keep it opinions, not a flame war, lol.

You were only Captain Falcon twice though, and you only killed yourself one of the two times.

Also, haha, ya, that was awesome how Yoshi's ground pound totally owned Dedede's.

when i was him the first time i killed myself right in the beginning at 14% and the second time i killed myself TWICE, both in the 10-20% range

So, in SSB64, wasn't Link decided as the best character? Strongest, and best range? I'm guessing in melee it was either falco or marth, because of their speed, strength and range. How about for brawl? in the videos, it looks like Link has been beefed up A LOT. which character would you brawl owners say is best?

Also, comment on the 64 and melee characters; I'd like to hear other opinions.

But...Let's try and keep it opinions, not a flame war, lol.

No. In '64, all the tourney-level players played Kirby and Pikachu. Link had no spike and a bad recovery.

In Melee, characters were more balanced. Tournaments were won most frequently by Fox, Falco, Marth, and Sheik players, in that order. Jigglypuff and Peach are close behind, but there are amazing players for every character.

For Brawl, it's way too soon to tell. The local tournament I attended had the top three being a Peach/Olimar player, a Metaknight player, and a Wolf player (me), but that really doesn't mean anything.

I'm positive they're trying to ask whether the computers are complete dunces like in Melee, not how hard it is to beat them.

For example in Melee the CPU's wouldn't recognize when, say, there's an opponent charging a smash right beside them, or there's a giant PK Flash heading their way, or a Kirby Air Ride star is about to crash down on them - a human in any of these conditions would either run the hell away or charge the attacker, do SOMETHING smart to avoid getting hit, but the CPUs don't know what's what and get hit every time - they simply CANNOT see it coming, whereas a human can CLEARLY see the attack coming seconds before it arrives. Are Brawl's CPUs smarter and more human in this respect?

CPUs still don't change their behavior against charging smashes and incoming warp stars. It seems that they're generally good at attacking but don't observe the opponent's actions beyond simple things like position.

Even so, they're a greater challenge than Melee CPUs in general. For a character with a good AI (Like the CPU Meta Knight), a Level 7 will give about as much challenge as a Melee Level 9.

No. In '64, all the tourney-level players played Kirby and Pikachu. Link had no spike and a bad recovery.

In Melee, characters were more balanced. Tournaments were won most frequently by Fox, Falco, Marth, and Sheik players, in that order. Jigglypuff and Peach are close behind, but there are amazing players for every character.

For Brawl, it's way too soon to tell. The local tournament I attended had the top three being a Peach/Olimar player, a Metaknight player, and a Wolf player (me), but that really doesn't mean anything.

What? Did you forget Isai's Captain Falcon for 64? :P

Edit: Also I'm at Game Developer's Conference this year. I'll be seeing Sakurai speak about Brawl on Friday afternoon. :)

What? Did you forget Isai's Captain Falcon for 64? :P

Edit: Also I'm at Game Developer's Conference this year. I'll be seeing Sakurai speak about Brawl on Friday afternoon. :)

WWUUTT!

GT at GDC? Definitely leak lots of stuff, or whatever you're allowed to tell us :)

And yeah, Link actually sucks in SSB64 as I found out by playing Chillindude's Fox. Fox can still shine spike in smash 64 :[ I didn't know that until then. Also, Jiggs can l-cancel all of her arials into rest so getting hit = KO!