Super Smash Bros Brawl

Arek the Absolute

Attention all shoppers: Most of the Enlgish voices suck

Fox and Falco are alright, certainly not pefect.

MetaKnight is... different. The slight spanish is a nice touch, but I really don't think it should be that damn deep.

Pit sucks.

Ike is pretty lame too.

Oh and I heard they took out the option to make everything Japanese.

Discuss

Attention all shoppers: Most of the Enlgish voices suck

Fox and Falco are alright, certainly not pefect.

MetaKnight is... different. The slight spanish is a nice touch, but I really don't think it should be that damn deep.

Pit sucks.

Ike is pretty lame too.

Oh and I heard they took out the option to make everything Japanese.

Discuss

I definitely like the Japanese voices better, but these are not bad either. With the exception of Ike, yuk.

Whoa that's...not how I expected Ike to sound. Never played any Fire Emblem games, so I don't really know, but he sounds way too old. And Metaknight's voice sounds unnatural, it's so deep. And Falco's from New York, or something?

Overall they could be a lot worse.

EDIT: OH WAIT I GET IT HE'S ITALIAN. Lombardi. Yeah. It all makes sense now.

I'm listening to the Brawl soundtrack, and I have one very

IMPORTANT QUESTION:

Is all the music in Kirby's Air Ride as ridiculously fun as Checker Knights, and is the game worth tracking down to hear the rest of the music? (Or even maybe play too?)

Hispanic Vader?

Yes! :nicework:

Here's hoping Subspace Emissary has him flying around the galaxy in his ship, using his force powers to choke minions he doesn't agree with. As Fox, you'd have to pilot an Arwing through a giant death-star-esque weapon-planet that looks like this. At the end of the level, you and Metaknight would pick up beam swords and fight to the death. And then [insert Hispanic stereotype here]!

screen2.PNG

Also, where else have I heard "Victory, *pause* is my destiny." said in exactly that same fashion? Probably Soul Calibur 2, they say things like that all the time. Yoshimitsu?? OH WAIT it's Warcraft 3, haha! The guy in WC3 (Orc Far Seer) also has a very similar voice to Metaknight when he says it. Coincidence???

And Meta's "Know my power!" sounds so much like a literal command, rather than an "Arg, generic battle cry directed at no one!" statement. He doesn't want to show off, he just want you to know his power. So awesome :)!!

I think Pit's voice is worse than all the other bad voices' badness combined into one bad thing of bad worstness. He's all annoying and mumbly and thinks he's the coolest kid in angeltown so he has to go up to random people and yell about how they can't beat him and then yells mumbly commands to all his "prunes". I really hope he's not as bad as that sound test makes him sound...

Isn't the voice of Pit the voice of the Professor's clone/kid in Futurama? Sounds really similar

Doesn't sound like Cubert at all to me, but he DOES sound familiar sort of....

[Edit]

Also, Meta Knight owns your face.

This is true. Behind that mask - it's your face.

It would cool if the Pokemon Trainer was voiced by whoever did Ash Ketchum. I really like that voice. Most english voice actors are horrible, but Ash's VA, who's name escapes me, was pretty good.

Though, now that I think about it, maybe that wouldn't be too good for the rest of the vocal cast. From the sounds of it, the other voice actors lack the tonal variation and emotional depth of Ash's VA. In comparison, everyone else would probably sound uninspired, and their inability to rend sanity from their listeners as effectively as Ash's trademark monotonous rasp would become immediately apparent.

Someone who lacks the boyish innocence meets youthful passion meets this post is sarcastic quality that Ash's VA has refined and mastered over the years would probably be for the best, I guess.

So tonight I was invited to challenge the apparent god of Brawl in the Smashboards IRC channel. I got schooled. Really badly. It was refreshing.

As I vented my disbelief as to how good he was in the chat, everybody said not to worry as he just rapes everyone without prejudice. Like three stocking everyone on three stock matches without ceasing. I did win a small handful of matches over the course of the night, much to his and everyone else's surprise. It was pretty much "Wait this new guy actually won?"

Apparently it was quite the accomplishment.

Get this though. This guy plays Bowser.

So tonight I was invited to challenge the apparent god of Brawl in the Smashboards IRC channel. I got schooled. Really badly. It was refreshing.

As I vented my disbelief as to how good he was in the chat, everybody said not to worry as he just rapes everyone without prejudice. Like three stocking everyone on three stock matches without ceasing. I did win a small handful of matches over the course of the night, much to his and everyone else's surprise. It was pretty much "Wait this new guy actually won?"

Apparently it was quite the accomplishment.

Get this though. This guy plays Bowser.

Do you remember the guy's name? :P

Everyone on smashboards lines up around the block to stroke Gimpy's ego so I'm thinking it was him.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, Gimpy's a really great guy and and a great player, but people tend to sensationalize him.