Super Smash Bros Brawl

Arek the Absolute

Well it IS a lot easier to respect good Bowser player than the droves of good Marth/Shiek/Fox/Falco players. Although that might be changing now.

@Arek: I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure even Gimpy acknowledges that Bowser was an awful character. No matter how good you could get with him you would pretty much always lose to a top tier of equal skill level.

Do you remember the guy's name? :P

Everyone on smashboards lines up around the block to stroke Gimpy's ego so I'm thinking it was him.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, Gimpy's a really great guy and and a great player, but people tend to sensationalize him.

Oh it's definitely not Gimpyfish. In IRC he goes by Kuri-Chan and on the boards he goes by WarriorKnight. This guy wasn't being sensationalized. He's just that good. Everyone in the channel admitted that he was the best one present and he destroys just about everyone that comes in the channel. The fact that I actually won a few games was apparently impressive.

Bowser in the hands of a really good player in Brawl is quite a challenge. Bowser is brutally strong and is not affected by knock back as much as everyone else. I had to bust out Ganondorf (one of my top 5) and my main (this one's a secret) to actually win. I NEVER have to use my main.

Attention people that plan on playing this competitively *aka peeps like jam stunna, gt though he doesnt plan on going to many tournaments, me , etc* :

I am going to be making a video down the road of our gameplay footage showing how awesome we are. In each person's "section" of the video, I am going to need a "theme song". It needs to fit both you and your playing style, like how I am giving K05 *earthbound shop remix* to atma because he is goofy.

Currently the songs that are taken are K05, J04, I01, I03, G09, and A05 *lol reverse alpha order*.

This is only going to work if you guys send me awesome vids of you guys doing crazy shit, so record your matches that you find are awesome and send em my way!

Don't plan on this being made anytime soon. We all have a lot to learn before any of us are really considered "good", but once we reach it, diz vid will be awsum.

So what's the word on Snake and Diddy Kong? I'm probably not going to have a chance to play until I get back home, and these two characters interest me the most. I heard that Diddy has a pretty interesting style of moving and is really acrobatic. Confirm/deny?

Attention people that plan on playing this competitively *aka peeps like jam stunna, gt though he doesnt plan on going to many tournaments, me , etc* :

I am going to be making a video down the road of our gameplay footage showing how awesome we are. In each person's "section" of the video, I am going to need a "theme song". It needs to fit both you and your playing style, like how I am giving K05 *earthbound shop remix* to atma because he is goofy.

Currently the songs that are taken are K05, J04, I01, I03, G09, and A05 *lol reverse alpha order*.

This is only going to work if you guys send me awesome vids of you guys doing crazy shit, so record your matches that you find are awesome and send em my way!

Don't plan on this being made anytime soon. We all have a lot to learn before any of us are really considered "good", but once we reach it, diz vid will be awsum.

WOW, I'd love to be part of that, but I havent even play the game yet :(

My main in Melee was Ganondorf, I just hope he is as good as he was or better.

I'm listening to the Brawl soundtrack, and I have one very

IMPORTANT QUESTION:

Is all the music in Kirby's Air Ride as ridiculously fun as Checker Knights, and is the game worth tracking down to hear the rest of the music? (Or even maybe play too?)

Dude ALL the music in this game OWNS

I mean it for real, is really good and worth listening to.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post

So what's the word on Snake and Diddy Kong? I'm probably not going to have a chance to play until I get back home, and these two characters interest me the most. I heard that Diddy has a pretty interesting style of moving and is really acrobatic. Confirm/deny?

diddy is one of my mains and he is excellent especially in no items matches because he makes his own banana peels which can be extremely useful, although his attacks arent too strong

snake is excellent for ffa because all of his explosions can really piss people off and his fsmash is just plain mean

fully charged fsmash will ko wolf at 29% from the middle of final d with no di

also yes i am goofy and it is fun to be goofy

Hmm, that may become a problem, as my cell phone camera is outright terrible (This recorded by me)Brawl KO percentage test

Who are those songs for anyways?

Also I'll probably judge on what's considered "good" Smash skills.

Hint: Anyone who openly professes they're good at Smash is (in most cases) obviously not.

bahaha

you know there is a record function in the game right?

And how, exactly, do you plan on stringing the replays together on a computer?

They are in a proprietary format that is only readable by Smash. You can send them to Wii friends though, right? I guess we could all send replays to you and have you do the video work if you have a good way to translate them to a computer format (video capture card would be the best solution). Or send you replays, have you send me the vids back, and I'll make highlights and send em back.

id imagine if he was planning on doing this he has a capture card

mine is probably gonna be all snake traps diddy bananas and assorted bowser things

oh and i guess a few pikmin here and there being that olimar is my main but i never play as him

Haha ocr combo vid! Love it, I hope to be a part of this once I learn the game as best I can, I was a melee journeyman and hopefully I can pull up into a legit player this go round.