Super Smash Bros Brawl

Arek the Absolute

I guess whenever I get to own the game (and have access to wifi at the same time) I'm going to have to deal with another round of asshats going "eeew yoshi"

*grumble grumble grumble*

I guess I'll just have to get good with him again...although it's kind of hard at first.

I also never understood why some people will not do something they might find interest in just because it's popular. I knew someone that was like "I used to like [X franchise] but not anymore, because it got popular." What the hell?

Popular or overkill? You can like something and have it ruined if others only talk of it or just to many talking of it. Good example could be in the movie industry, lets say 300. When you first saw it, I am sure you all shit yourself in the raw power of the 300 spartans! But once you realized it was everywhere it can be ruined.

That being said I usually steer clear of things of such nature. Such as Fox/Falco/Marth in melee. And AIDS.

(directed at posts above. short on time so i cant quote)

A very simple concept. Send me vids via brawl. I will capture them.

The only way you can actually get on this though is if you are good on this. I don't want shitty players on these vids because they kind of represent our group *clanocr*. Just play members of the clan and if we deem you great we will put you in a vid, simple as that.

Popular or overkill? You can like something and have it ruined if others only talk of it or just to many talking of it. Good example could be in the movie industry, lets say 300. When you first saw it, I am sure you all shit yourself in the raw power of the 300 spartans! But once you realized it was everywhere it can be ruined.

That being said I usually steer clear of things of such nature. Such as Fox/Falco/Marth in melee. And AIDS.

Well really, no, it doesn't really ruin it for me. Cause I don't care if the masses ramble about how awesome something is or isn't. I'm not going to let a mass of people deprive me of enjoyment of something just because they happen to like (or dislike it).

How can you even stand to play smash if something being popular somehow ruins the experience for you?

Well really, no, it doesn't really ruin it for me. Cause I don't care if the masses ramble about how awesome something is or isn't. I'm not going to let a mass of people deprive me of enjoyment of something just because they happen to like (or dislike it).

How can you even stand to play smash if something being popular somehow ruins the experience for you?

I play games for replay value and if it starts to become redundant, I get sick of it. Too each his own I guess. But then its fuel to my fire when I fight these folk and win or lose to them. Of course this does not only apply to Smash except for the fact its all I do...

But enough of this, I hope to play many of OCR when Brawl is out in the States, then that just leaves the wait for UK and then all of ze world will feel the joy of Smash.

Hey, not sure if this had been asked yet, but does anybody know if there is any significant difference in using a Wii lan adapter vs. using the built in WiFi? That would be nice to know becuase from my experience, there is usually some lag generated from using wireless. If it does happen help by some decent margin, I will consider buying This.

I've also been planning on buying a TV tuner/capture card for my pc. But I'm a little leary about buying the cheap ones because they sometimes have slow response times when streaming stuff, and thats bad when playing games, well I could also just use Brawl's replay feature to then stream to my computer to...

So much to do before brawl arrives.

On another note, I plan on joining in on the ClanOCR goodness, but i'm not going to attempt to claim a track yet.

Heh, I like people choosing characters before they've played the game.

I've decided that I'm going to play as ZSS first, but it will take well over a month of playing before I legitimately have a "main."

zss is a ton of fun but has no significant kill moves

and yeah i didnt pick olimar until maybe 3 weeks after i got it

On another note, I plan on joining in on the ClanOCR goodness, but i'm not going to attempt to claim a track yet.

Same here if thats cool.

Also, I hope that Samus and Pikachu are still good, as I plan on keeping those as main and alt. I hope to add Dedede in the mix as well.

I have a feeling I'm going to simply play the game for what it is and have fun even if it means I die 90% of the time when playing online. I'm only good at some rare games like COD4 for some strange reason (I got murdered too much in most FPS games to consider myself any good at them).

Even in Puzzle Fighter online, I die most of the time but do give the most I have to at least play the occasional foil.

I hope SSBB allows a bit of that space for some unexpected victories since I probably won't bother getting too good at any characters except for when I try to use Luigi competitively. I don't know why, but I love playing the underdog/foil in online matches. I somehow think my subconscious has chosen Luigi as my choice.

On that note, has anyone ever "mained" Mario? Or is Mario just the oddball out despite getting the most cover time for all three games.

Not sure when "mained" became a verb, but sure, I'll usually play Mario because he's well balanced and can do pretty much anything. Specifically, wall jumps and a decent Meteor Smash sell him fairly well, and a projectile fighter learns to fear his cape very quickly.

Holy mother of voice-acting. Did Luigi -finally- get his own voice? I hated the fact that his voice was just Mario's voice on helium. Voice is so important to making a character complete, imo. Man I can't wait for this game to come out. I'm gonna get pwned by all o y'all!