Super Smash Bros Brawl

Arek the Absolute

So, I am thinking about picking this one up at midnight from the ol' Wal-Mart. It marks the first time I've bothered to buy something at midnight just to get in early on a release. I hope those fine Wal-Mart employees are up to the task and either brought the game out or will bother to go in the backroom and fetch me a copy.

The Wal-Mart is actually part of a huge plaza with several other stores and restaurants. If there is no line-up, I can go wait it out elsewhere.

And believe me, I've spent 3 hours in a Wal-Mart before (waiting for Wiis which never came) so I'm not afraid to waste my time.

Plus, I'll have my DS and mp3 player with me, not to mention a few dedicated friends who want to play the game, too.

Plus, cabs are more expensive than the bus (which is free since the college subsidizes bus fare for students), so going earlier means I can take the bus and only pay for cab fare one-way.

I've tried to copy my brawl data to an SD card and the wii wouldn't allow it. Apparently it's not just me, they made it so games with wifi block the copying of game files through sd cards. Which sucks cause I can't copy my friend's file with all the characters we got together.

I'm really scared how much of an impact this game is going to have on me. By the looks of it it's gonna be really awesome meaning it might make me take a hit on...

-Senior Culminating Project

-Studying for AP U.S. Government Test

-Studying for AP Calculus Test

-School in general

Oh why does it have to look so good?

Hah, well, I am getting all of my homework done for the week today. It's not a fun Saturday. And after this coming week is spring break, so my Wii is coming with me.

But in general, remember... moderation. Really, just do something like "If get this many pages read/written today, I will play an hour of Brawl." As long as you actually do the work before you play a bit of the game as the reward for the work, you'll get some progress.

I am hoping that you guys aren't being serious about a game messing up school work that bad. I can understand if it was for a tournament or something that will net you a nice prize, but to play just for enjoyment just seems.....odd.

Chammon now...school work has to take a priority. This game will be here when you are done and will feel even better to play because you finally got all the shit done that you needed to first and you can feel that you really deserve the time you have off to jam on brawl.

Hah, well, I am getting all of my homework done for the week today. It's not a fun Saturday. And after this coming week is spring break, so my Wii is coming with me.

But in general, remember... moderation. Really, just do something like "If get this many pages read/written today, I will play an hour of Brawl." As long as you actually do the work before you play a bit of the game as the reward for the work, you'll get some progress.

That's a good solution to a simple problem. Another may be that you work really hard until a certain hour of the night, such as 8 PM, and then you just take the rest of the night off, work allowing. This method's not quite as concrete and requires a lot more good judgment, but... it's an alternative. The trick is you have to be serious about the work you do before your deadline, or you defeat the purpose of the idea.

Anyway... the countdown is on, and all I can say is still: DO WANT!!!

EDIT: Damn you and your replies while I'm writing, Arek! :P

Haha, well we are all on the same page on this idea....except that well you know my take on the issue is the best cause well ya :P

Seriously though, I kind of worry about those who have a game take over. I have seen too many friends have their lives fucked up by video games. Seriously, it isn't pretty. Finish your work that is in front of you first. Once that is done, the game that you wish to play will feel that much sweeter because of the accomplishment you did before hand.

ps - half assing shit doesnt count. work for that shit foos

What's with all the college talk? Am I the only person around here who's trying to make it work in the real world? Whatev :<

I am SO ready to wreck some shit with DK. I don't even care if I win or not, but mostly because I don't think it's very likely. I stopped playing melee around the same time I finished my short tenure @ local community college #36547, ya see. Ran out of friends to play because they all fucking moved away or got lost in a dorm for the rest of eternity.

So, Mr. working man's pretty eager to get back up in that saddle, let me tell you. Online, here I come.