Super Smash Bros Brawl

Arek the Absolute

I don't mean to start flamewars (I really don't. They just happen..), but Subspace Emissary is extraneous crap. I mean, you can tell the effort is there, but the platforming never really worked in SSBM either and was one of the most out of place features of the whole thing. As an extra in itself, it's a nice slap-on. But in itself, I don't see how SSBB really benefited a lot from it. They need better level designs or make the experience tighter as a whole next time. The boss battles are great though.

You're not alone. While I do not think it is crap, it does seem a bit like a dull experience to me but not something I mind playing through. I just consider it a decent side feature.

I played it for a little while yesterday and unlocked Marth and Ness. I think that game has integrated some elements of its N64 version. Some animations are more exaggerated, and the overall pace is a bit slower. Kirby's aerial down A is back! :D Anyway, I haven't played with all the characters yet and I'm still a bit confused as to how to use all of the moves. I'm not too great with Mario's FLUDD move, but I am happy they replaced his aerial down A with his tornado.

Lucas is preferred over Ness? I don't quite like Lucas. But his moves are somewhat just reversed compared to Ness. Aerial foward A and up A are his damage moves. But his back kick has huge range and aerial down A isn't too shabby at all. I think I just find him a bit too light. Also, it just might be me, but I feel like I have more control over Lucas' third jump. I don't think there's anything particularly wrong with Ness though except that I can't seem to combo 2 back kicks any more for whatever reason.

If I play a good amount, I can get better in about 2 weeks. But still, the wireless connection here is pretty shabby considering I'm on the edge of campus. So it doesn't look like I'll play anyone anyway.

I'm not a big fan of the backgrounds either. Though detailed, it takes away from the gameplay a little bit. But I think I liked the more vibrant color palette of the Melee better. The differences in Peach's dresses aren't drastic enough. But I'm glad they still have white. Wedding Peach ftw. :)

This seems a lot better than Melee. I played once with each of the characters my friend had unlocked (he's the one with the game; think he had 28 unlocked) and the game just feels a lot more in my control. Love the slower speed and that attacks feel like they do more damage, like they did in the original. The new characters that my friend had unlocked seem great except Dedede, who was always a touch too slow on his attacks. Somehow I think that's more an issue of me getting used to him. But Sonic, Wario, Metaknight, Pit, Olimar, Pokemon Trainer... all solid additions that play pretty uniquely. Ike is solid too, but he plays pretty similar to Marth.

Hah I was wondering why Pokemon Trainer wasn't Ash until my friend pointed out he'd have to have Pikachu.

Very fun so far. Haven't played Melee in a very long time, so just getting used to the controls in general, but for the time being I'm just playing with the wiimote by itself. I'm really liking the new characters, though Olimar was a little disappointing IMO. A friend came over and we played several rounds (EDIT: I was joking with him that this game is like OCR for VGM professionals :P), then tried some co-op Subspace Emissary. Something about the enemies and how the different franchises mash up as you go through that reminds me of Kingdom Hearts. It has too much platforming, but nevertheless isn't too bad (the "story" makes it enjoyable).

Best part so far is the music, IMO, and the majority of the tracks I've heard so far are quality. Such a great feeling to play a stage several times, with different tracks playing each time.

So... while the matches I've played online are mostly lag-free, I think I've decided I can't play Ness or Lucas on the WFC. I've died one too many times trying to PK Thunder my way back onto the stage, due to lag.

Does anyone play Ness/Lucas online? What do you guys think about that?

Added my code to the database. I'll be adding everyone else once I get a spare moment...which won't be today.

How's the lag been for you guys? So far I've only been able to play one online game due to connection issues, and there was like a half second of lag. Completely killed the experience.

Hey guys, new here.

I just got brawl and wanted to play with you guys. Been lurking around these forums for about 4 years now (kind of sad, I know x_x) and thought this would be a good time to introduce myself.

My friend code is 0688-4943-2878 if anyone wants to play. Is it okay if I add all of you to my friends roster?

Another q:

How do I get Jigglypuff?

Acording to Gamefaqs is by beating Classic mode with anyone but link and Ike. I tried, but the 1st time I got Luigi and then I tried again and nothing happened.

The onther way according to GF is by beating Event 20. Im on 22 an nothing yet.

Am I missing something?