Super Smash Bros Brawl

Arek the Absolute

Err I'm not sure about this so I figured I'd ask here. For the online mode, is it possible for two people on the same system to play online against others or is it only one person per system when online?

As many people you want on a system. Though obviously having four people on one Wii and then going online is kinda stupid.

My codes for wii and smash are on the clanocr database. I will be online tomorrow evening and stuff. If you have some aggression you would like to let out on a mediocre smash player, I'm your guy. I've added a few of you, but it gets grating so I'm quiting for now. PM if you want. Peace.

I love SSE, but I kinda just want it to be over now so I can have all me characters! It is much longer than I thought it would be.

I brought brawl to school today and played it during a few of my hours where I don't really have anything to do. Yes, I am addicted.:)!! It was great.

About the online play.

After I realized it wasn't smart to put your wireless router next to walls or large metal objects like, oh say, the metal filing cabinet my wireless router was sitting on, lag was pretty much nonexistent. In fact, it was good enough for me to play all day, so lag-free that it was as fun as if the players were actually there. After stating this, let me give my review of the game. Brawl is GOOD.

Played with friends mostly, but random online brawls were all interesting. The 2 minute timer is annoying. It always felt 50/50 in random brawls, but the interesting thing was is that I never lost. But I've now seen way more sudden death matches than I ever want to see again.

Just beat subspace, got Sonic, go me.

Now I'm just going to do Vs. matches until I get Jiggyboobs, Wolf, and Toon Link. I'm not searching for hidden doors or whatever the crap they want you to do these days.

Also, does anyone else hate the Dragoon pieces? They appear way too often, and when they do the game suddenly becomes all about them. The Smash Balls are one thing, but the Dragoon thing seems out of place, and changes the focus too much.

Not to mention it feels really cheap when you use it.

I love SSE, but I kinda just want it to be over now so I can have all me characters! It is much longer than I thought it would be.

I brought brawl to school today and played it during a few of my hours where I don't really have anything to do. Yes, I am addicted.:)!! It was great.

Umm... You brought a Wii, T.V, sensor bar, Controller (Or Wiimote, whichever,) Power and input cords, and a game? If I tried that, I'd get caught red-faced.:tomatoface:

By the way, great game! Pikachu still rocks!

Also, does anyone else hate the Dragoon pieces? They appear way too often, and when they do the game suddenly becomes all about them. The Smash Balls are one thing, but the Dragoon thing seems out of place, and changes the focus too much.

Not to mention it feels really cheap when you use it.

I don't mind them, granted I tend to ignore them (and the smash balls) if they pop up. I was only in one vs game that someone got all the dragoon parts, and they only managed to hit like one person on the screen with it.

I've found that ignoring the smash ball a little at first is a good way to get it in a melee, mostly because at least one or two people will have killed themselves going after it. On the other hand I would hate to be in even a friendly 1v1 match with smash balls. I feel a little cheated when someone kills me twice during the duration of their final smash, even if I cheaply camp out on the drop platform hoping to avoid it entirely.

I wish I owned the game, 4 man melee is ok, but I'd like to do some 1 on 1's and just play around in training mode to get used to the changes.

Added my friend code.

I discovered something cool recently, googled it, and found out that somebody had already documented it. Lucas can do a super jump if you use a PK Fire immediately after double jumping. Kinda nifty...

I've been using Ike. I never expected i would like him. I was never a Roy/Marth player. I unlocked most everybody except for Wolf, toon link, and... someone else? Is zero suit samus her own character or just a costume choice? I don't have her as a character yet if so. I added most people in the database, will get to the rest tomorrow. please add me. 0087 1968 8176

Anyone who complains about SSE was setting their expectations way too high. It's a one player mode in a multiplayer game that imports fighting controls into a platformer. I like it, but it's nothing more than a nice little addon. Can't expect more than that from it.

Don't you realize the contradiction there though? The fact of the matter is that Nintendo itself was hyping it up as one of major new features but it's just a very well fleshed out (but mechanically busted) version of SSBM's adventure mode. Add on or not, it's just broken. They have 4 or 5 more years until they can do it better next time.

But overall, my borderline-total-distaste of Subspace Emissary is actually the one huge nitpick of the entire thing (okay, so maybe not playing custom matches with strangers and not being able to communicate well is a huge nitpick as well. They basically took out what is truly fun about playing with strangers on the net.)

Unlike Gametrailers reviews and other reviews have it, I don't think it's a bad single player game at all. I'm having enough fun messing around with the AI, no less the very limited online multiplayer. And picking up a few straddlers in GameFAQs for a few custom matches (I hate using friend codes like it's 1994).

I think I must've done something odd or something, because I got sonic really fast, as in less than 100 VS mode matches in. I was only 25% or so through SSE, and had only done classic mode once, and was playing some vs mode with some friends, and he appeared as a challenger randomly. He's pretty damn fun, I gotta say.

All I know is that I suck at this game. I've never been one who really understood the mechanics and gameplay of Smash, but after watching random battles last night, I'm pretty sure I'm fucked no matter who I go against.

Soon as I get my code available you can fight me. SSBB's not worth playing if you're not having any fun. Besides if you really want to get better, just play and be imaginative in your offense, no need to prove anything except if u can accept a lose and improve on that.

Having spent a little time with all the characters now, I've decided that I don't understand Olimar. I'm not saying he's bad -- but I don't grasp what makes him good. Atma, care to give the rest of us some insight? The only thing I can think of is that it's hard to keep track of what's going on when you're fighting him...