Super Smash Bros Brawl

Arek the Absolute

Originally posted on Smashboards:

So JV came over last night and taught me how to dash dance.

If you press the opposite direction AS SOON as as you start your dashing animation, then you can dash dance just like in Melee. The timing is way different and requires much more precision, but it works. You can't go as far with it though since it requires you to change direction so early. It's hard to do at first, but with practice it becomes second nature.

I don't know if this is out there already or not (I've been disconnected from the interweb for over a week), but I figured I'd share. All credit due to JV Smooth.

In other news, I really hope that the lag in online matches only occurs sometimes. I was playing with a friend from a few towns over, and there was at least half a second of lag on every move. It's playable, but it's very disconcerting.

So, I played for a good 6-7 hours yesterday with my friends, got to 35% of SSE but mostly played a lot of vs. matches. Wasn't looking forward to playing Poke Trainer at all but it seems I'm best with Squirtle/Ivysaur. Charizard is good for groups of people but he is slow as heck and and lumps around too much. Ivysaur can really put the hurt on, I usually start out with him because im still trying to learn his recovery.

I've given up on Samus/Zero Suit, I played her all the time in friendly matches in melee but I can't do anything at all with them in brawl.

I haven't unlocked Sonic, Lucario, Wolf, Rob, and G+W yet though.

Yeah, I don't even own the game, but I'm already becoming disenchanted with Toon Link.

Funny how that works out. I was really excited about Dedede and Metaknight up until release, but after trying them out I can't say I'm too enthusiastic about them anymore. Although I still need to give Dedede more of a chance.

Diddy and Olimar, on the other hand, I love both in concept and execution.

Having spent a little time with all the characters now, I've decided that I don't understand Olimar. I'm not saying he's bad -- but I don't grasp what makes him good. Atma, care to give the rest of us some insight? The only thing I can think of is that it's hard to keep track of what's going on when you're fighting him...

tell them to unban me and ill give you all the help you want

as an example

get a white pikmin in front when the opponent is at 0%

throw the white at the dude

dash at him

dash cancel sheild grab thing

dthrow

dash into a quick usmash

depending on weight you may be able to land another usmash

jump into uair

if still reachable uair out of your second jump

0% to around 70%

then just finish with a dsmash when you have the opportunity (sheild and use it right out of a sheild after attacked)

Soon as I get my code available you can fight me. SSBB's not worth playing if you're not having any fun. Besides if you really want to get better, just play and be imaginative in your offense, no need to prove anything except if u can accept a lose and improve on that.

I'm not that worried about my lack in smash skills, I guess it just takes practice. I'll add your code later though :-).

My favorite part of the game is collecting stuff. Yep, just rack up coins and collect stuff.

So I read in several posts that people unlocked Sonic by beating SSE...I unlocked him well before beating it (as I'm at under 50% still), so I'm just wondering what the actual requirements were.

I've been reading a lot on SWF that another way to unlock Sonic is to run 30,000 meters with all the characters or something like that.

You must like the ground more then I do.

So I read in several posts that people unlocked Sonic by beating SSE...I unlocked him well before beating it (as I'm at under 50% still), so I'm just wondering what the actual requirements were.

Still awaiting Snake though...

I think the only other way is 300 Brawl matches.

I think the only other way is 300 Brawl matches.

I got Sonic long before 300 matches. He just randomly appeared as a challenger after a vs match, but it couldn't have been greater than the 60th match played. Something about distance, maybe?

I unlocked everyone and I'm so happy I'm the best with Lucas. It's so awesome I'm the greatest with my favorite character. I also am actually good with more than two people, which is really refreshing that I'll be able to change it up and still be good. Now I just need to unlock all of the stages.

Nyah, I have all the stages and characters.

Now I guess I'll fool around in some events, spend my thousands of coins at the Coin Launcher sometime, and get owned online once I get that working.

Still awaiting Snake though...

I unlocked Sonic by beating Classic mode 10 times, each with a different character and I unlocked Snake by playing on Shadow Moses 15 times. I sorta cheated and looked up videos on youtube on how to unlock characters. I'm happy about Snake, he is the easiest character to main and he's pretty damn good too.

EDIT: I meant to ask this earlier but does it usually take a helluva lot of time to find people to fight online or is it just my connection

Umm... You brought a Wii, T.V, sensor bar, Controller (Or Wiimote, whichever,) Power and input cords, and a game? If I tried that, I'd get caught red-faced.:tomatoface:

By the way, great game! Pikachu still rocks!

Well, I brought the game and a friend of mine brought his Wii (he doesn't have the game yet). In my high school we have sort of an abandoned Photography room that is only used to store recyclable items, so we basically hid in there half the day with one of the schools projectors battling and playing a little subspace. It was great... we did it again today. ^__^

After playing more brawl, I can't help but wishing that their was a little... more. Besides SSE, more stages, characters, items, etc, I feel that their needs to be more change. :? Ah well, still a great game.