Super Smash Bros Brawl

Arek the Absolute

Anyone else not able to connect to a game? Sitting at the practice stage forever makes one a sad panda. Guess servers are overloaded :(

I can't even get into a game. It never finds anyone fo me to play. If this is how the online is gonna act then that's some ol' bull shit because I was looking forward to playing online :cry:

P.S. My friendcode is 0903-2415-5914, I play as Snake and Falco and sometimes Dedede, even though I'm no good with him...

Played another 6 or so hours today, unlocked everything except Toon Link, Jiggs, Wolf, and Sonic (although I played as him against tabuu or whoever that is).

Peach is suprisingly good, and I'm pretty decent with her now. Its funny how I wasn't looking forward to the two characters I'm now best at (Peach and Poke Trainer). Zero Suit Samus is still useless except for her upsmash. Ganon is powerful but extremely slow, you have to use a lot of dodging to be good with Ganon and I'm still working with that. Falcon Punch isn't nearly as useful anymore either :(. I like playing with Diddy but I can't stand his recovery, in fact I hate it. Maybe I need more practice.

I played with friends again mostly but I like putting the CPU level to 9 and watching how Olimar, G+W, R.O.B and others play (are there youtube vids of someone owning with any of those three?)

My playing style seems to have been altered for Brawl. In Melee, Falco, Marth, Link, DK, and Capt. Falcon were my mains, with CF being my best. But its like they've all been neutered when it comes to me and Brawl.

Falco's spike is a lot harder to pull off, and I can't dominate in the air with him anymore since he just uses drill attacks now instead of concrete hits.

Link used to have a good air game, a great d-air, and a fantastic up-b with deadly propulsion to the side! Now, his air game is altered for the worse, in my case, he has a more difficult d-air, and only a mediocre up-b with no deadly propulsion. How disappointing...

And Capt. Falcon? Its a shame. Difficult-to-use knee, freakish, new Falcon Punch, and less speed.

As, I was saying, my play style now differentiates, because I'm using slow characters now.

I wouldn't have dreamed of using Melee's Ganondorf. But now, I'm gravitating towards him! Lucas? He seemed like a Ness clone to me. But if that's the case, why is my game great with him and poor with Ness? And my best main? Ike, of all people. Even though his slowness looked to be a turn-off, I knew I'd like him the moment he appeared on the Dojo. And boy was I right! I simply rock with the guy! If I ever get around to Wi-Fi, I'm taking him with me!

I find it surprising that Sonic bamboozles players a lot in anonymous internet play. I think a lot of gamers are sticking to Fire Emblem characters though. I don't think they're particularly dominating or anything.

olimar beats the living crap out of ike

Olimar is just abusive with the Pikmin. If it had any more versatility, he could be high tiered (or maybe he is there already).

Also even in slightly laggy games, players just unleash it and let the things go to work. He's a lazy gamer's choice. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I abused plenty of players with the few times I used Olimar.

I'm enjoying Meta Knight the more I play. Despite the occasional feeling of being unbalanced with him, he does the job just fine for me; not to mention I like the short yet sweet move of disappearing and then reappearing close to you while cutting ya. :)!!

Bowser's not bad either along with Wario :)!!

I find it surprising that Sonic bamboozles players a lot in anonymous internet play. I think a lot of gamers are sticking to Fire Emblem characters though. I don't think they're particularly dominating or anything.

Sonic seems to be really easy to be decent with, at least just looking at what few matches I did some of the worse people I played did a bit better when they tried out sonic. (Or maybe sonic just suits their play styles better I dunno...) He seems a bit easy to dodge though, even the guy survived the free for alls consistently over me was fairly easy to predict. I want to do some 1 on 1's with him with a normal remote so the stage hazards can't catch me so easily.

I'm probably going to stick with Yoshi until I can get the system+game, I'd love to try out sonic/lucario/pit, but it's not very fun to try to grasp a new character when all the people that play do is 4 man free for alls.

Sonic seems to be really easy to be decent with, at least just looking at what few matches I did some of the worse people I played did a bit better when they tried out sonic. (Or maybe sonic just suits their play styles better I dunno...) He seems a bit easy to dodge though, even the guy survived the free for alls consistently over me was fairly easy to predict. I want to do some 1 on 1's with him with a normal remote so the stage hazards can't catch me so easily.

I'm probably going to stick with Yoshi until I can get the system+game, I'd love to try out sonic/lucario/pit, but it's not very fun to try to grasp a new character when all the people that play do is 4 man free for alls.

That's becuase Sonic is fast and fairly fluid with a lot of his moves. Also, the concept of executing the Spin Dash is relatively simple. I think he's an accessible character, but I think like anyone else, he takes a lot of practice to master.

And yeah, FE characters are way too commonly played. It's because they have swords and crap, I think. Personally, I like Ike, but it's because he hits like a truck. On the flipside, I hate Marth; a hatred which has dated back to Melee.

Pit and Lucario are fun to play as. Lucario was a pleasant surprise, it turns out. A really straightforward moveset with decent power and reliability. I haven't spent a lot of time extensively with him, but he was fun to play as for the brief time I have.

That's becuase Sonic is fast and fairly fluid with a lot of his moves. Also, the concept of executing the Spin Dash is relatively simple. I think he's an accessible character, but I think like anyone else, he takes a lot of practice to master.

And yeah, FE characters are way too commonly played. It's because they have swords and crap, I think. Personally, I like Ike, but it's because he hits like a truck. On the flipside, I hate Marth; a hatred which has dated back to Melee.

Pit and Lucario are fun to play as. Lucario was a pleasant surprise, it turns out. A really straightforward moveset with decent power and reliability. I haven't spent a lot of time extensively with him, but he was fun to play as for the brief time I have.

ive yet to see a really good sonic

fe characters are countered by anyone with decent projectiles (and pikmin/waddle dee nullify ikes side b which is a pretty big deal)

pit seems to be everyones choice in the first weeks they have the game, as it was the same with me my brother and many others (although i still mained olimar from the start)

Yay, unlocked Snake and Lucario. Snake has been enjoyable in the little bit that I've played with him, and so far Lucario isn't bad (seems very Mewtwo-like, but less floaty).

Also, contrary to my initial dissapointment with Capt. Olimar, I'm feeling pretty good about him now. I really like how different pikmin add different effects to the attacks, and his final smash is really useful.

I might try an online match at some point within the next few days, but I'm that will lead to my ass being kicked :P. So, on the topic of online play, I remember nintendowifi.com had some tracking for various wifi-compatible DS games like Mario Kart DS, but just looking real quick on the site it seems like they never did this for Wii games. I don't really see why they at the very least don't integrate Smash Bros and other Wii games with that site, so you could still check your ranking, what stages are most often played, what characters are most often used, when people tend to play etc. I just don't understand why they'd do that for DS games but not offer the same thing for Wii games.