Super Smash Bros Brawl

Arek the Absolute

I'm desperately trying to make my Samus and ZSS work. Playing almost exclusively those two, I still struggle to KO with Samus and punish rolls with the both of them, and I get out prioritized much to often while playing ZSS, although I can combo people upwards pretty well and KO much better.

So out of frustration I took a break and played a bit of Ike and I can completely dominate. The ease in which you can perfect shield negates any weakness his speed may otherwise have given him. He's only really vulnerable to stage hazards, which are rarely present on the most played courses, and his recovery, which is still not bad with his over-b and the fact that to send him off in the first place takes a lot of work. Projectile spammers just take a bit of patience. And that's that. I easily find Ike to be the best character in my hands.

I may end up using Ike over ZSS in brawls and 2v2, but I don't want to give up on Samus or ZSS at all. But I just can't seem to do something right about it. I improved a big deal at first after I tried playing Samus aggressively, using the fact that all of her aerials autocancel on landing and the fact that she has quick attack speed, instead of playing a more missile-spam like style w/ lots of use of her neutral air move from Melee, but it just isn't enough.

Those were some good games last night Silent, lots of back and forth games. Only two times did I disconnect last night out of like what was it 40 games? Maybe more. One was the second game Neo Samus joined Silent and I and then later on that morning with just Silent. After a few games with Silent the lag caught up to itself and you get used to it.

That's becuase Sonic is fast and fairly fluid with a lot of his moves. Also, the concept of executing the Spin Dash is relatively simple. I think he's an accessible character, but I think like anyone else, he takes a lot of practice to master.

Yeah, only the one guy there was actually good good with Sonic, because he's very intent on maining him and plays him almost exclusively. (This guy seems to be a pretty hardcore Sonic fan). The other two seemed ok with Sonic but still not really great, just better than with the other characters they had tried out.

Those were some good games last night Silent, lots of back and forth games. Only too times did I disconnect last night out of like what was it 40 games? Maybe more. One was the second game Neo Samus joined Silent and I and then later on that morning with just Silent. After a few games with Silent the lag caught up to itself and you get used to it.

Edit: Nevermind

Yeah, only the one guy there was actually good good with Sonic, because he's very intent on maining him and plays him almost exclusively. (This guy seems to be a pretty hardcore Sonic fan). The other two seemed ok with Sonic but still not really great, just better than with the other characters they had tried out.

Ah. Yeah, Sonic's big weakness in my experience is a lack of a good finisher. He just doesn't have any power outside of Super Sonic, so sending an opponent flying is difficult to do at best. I guess the lack of finisher can be mitigated with some good aerial combat and items, but it's just really hard to punish someone who's below 100%-130% without resorting to a Smash Ball.

Sonic's my main at this point because I've been a Sonic fan most of my life, but to say I'm genuinely good with him yet is a vile and odious lie. I'm much better with Ike, Samus, or Wind Waker Link.

ya and being that I am banned and dont post on this one much id need you to either im me or go on irc

im always ready to beat the crap out of all of you

i dont know if i posted this but i now have a second code on the db, since i got the us version

add that one since itll be the main one i use

Definitely. I would love if everyone who frequents this thread *lurkers and posters both* joined us in #clanocr. We are all interested in the game, so I say why not band together :)

Ya, I've been lurking in #clanocr since I've been busy and no time for wifi. Hopefully this weekend I'll get a chance to play some people. I wish my comp and wii were in the same room though.