Super Smash Bros Brawl

Arek the Absolute

The maze isn't all that bad. They give you teleports, a map that shows you the location of all the baddies, and plenty of saves which completely restore your damage and your lives. Load up your 4 favorite characters with those insane bonuses those stickers give you, and you just get to run around and enjoy it.

Also I'm not sure how those event matches could be considered tailored to the hardcore. I went through them all today on hard without much difficulty. They really aren't that bad.

So, I'm aiming at unlocking all of the soundtracks in the game. Since I'm just going off of the "challenges" pane, some of the things I have to do seem really insane. Or tedious, like 50 hours worth of brawl matches. Still, it's a pretty cool way to do it and makes all those additional modes pretty fun. I'm wondering, can you unlock a random stage selection option, like in melee it limits which stages are chosen randomly? The ability to control the frequency that the soundtracks play on each stage is brilliant. They did a really good job in this aspect. I love the fact that I can turn off the ones that bother me and make the really cool ones more frequent, and with so many of them so high quality it makes it 10x more fun to play and beat up on your friends with.

Since there is no analog shield option anymore, and customizable controls, I assigned the shield button to x, normally use y for jump. Improves my ability to time a perfect shield a ton, the ease of which you can perfect shield is extremely abusable in the game. I consider it a good thing. I'm thinking about switching to a classic controller scheme for playing just because it does not come with analog shoulder buttons and the fact that the controls can be completely customized.

Lastly, despite seeing really good Olimars, Toon links, Marths, etc... I'm left to believe that Brawl is a lot more balanced than Melee was.

I'm wondering, can you unlock a random stage selection option, like in melee it limits which stages are chosen randomly? The ability to control the frequency that the soundtracks play on each stage is brilliant. They did a really good job in this aspect. I love the fact that I can turn off the ones that bother me and make the really cool ones more frequent, and with so many of them so high quality it makes it 10x more fun to play and beat up on your friends with.
Additional Rules is unlockable, as it was in Melee, and you can turn any stages you want off the random. However, for Stage Builder stages, you either have all of them on or all of them off.

So I just beat all the event matches on Hard in one sitting... insanely fun, but I'm a little sad that it's over, and that I didn't unlock a whole lot... but happy that I unlocked the Mario Bros. stage, and that the Bramble Blast CD randomly appeared during one of the matches!!

Do the Challenges add any further replay value for event matches? For example, are there any challenges like "beat this event match in X seconds" or "beat the final event match with this character"?

Heh I also noticed that SML 1 song in there. That was pretty neat to hear it redone. Still haven't had any luck finding the brambles cd. Got a question for you folks thats been bothering me since I unlocked it. Where the heck is that hanenbow stage from?

no one's comfirming my registrations? :(

PS if you do see me but in some weird name its probably a relative of mine visiting considering it seems that I'm the only one with a Wii within a 15 mile radius...

I added your code and several others who updated theirs yesterday, and I have yet to see you. On the bright side, I have been able to connect to a few random matches. I'm pretty new to online gaming, and it was weird playing a team battle with someone I didn't know. It's like you feel that "team spirit" but you don't even know who it is.

Anyway, figure out what's going on, 'cause I added you.

This may have been discussed before but I'm still recovering from surgery and I'm mostly out of it.

Is there no way to transfer game data from wii to wii? I bought the game but started playing on my gf's wii, and we completed SSE and unlocked a ton of stuff... I tried to move the save file to an SD card so I could put it on my wii without having to do it all over again but it wouldn't let me.

That sucks if they won't let you do that. Its not like I'm trying to cheat or anything. And you can transfer saves for nearly every other game as well.

This may have been discussed before but I'm still recovering from surgery and I'm mostly out of it.

Is there no way to transfer game data from wii to wii? I bought the game but started playing on my gf's wii, and we completed SSE and unlocked a ton of stuff... I tried to move the save file to an SD card so I could put it on my wii without having to do it all over again but it wouldn't let me.

That sucks if they won't let you do that. Its not like I'm trying to cheat or anything. And you can transfer saves for nearly every other game as well.

That's what someone else had posted, that you can't save SSBB date to an SD card. Kinda sucks.

I added your code

yeah I added you as well some time ago but it kept saying "awaiting for confirmation" under ur code, when I get back home from work I'll check/try to.

My hours are a bit late as I work from 7 am to 3:30 PM and I don't even get home till 4:30pm EST on weekdays. eseentially my times are very random :(

However if you have a specific time when you guys are on I can try to work myself around those time and be on to beat ya :)!!

yeah I added you as well some time ago but it kept saying "awaiting for confirmation" under ur code, when I get back home from work I'll check/try to.

My hours are a bit late as I work from 7 am to 3:30 PM and I don't even get home till 4:30pm EST on weekdays. eseentially my times are very random :(

However if you have a specific time when you guys are on I can try to work myself around those time and be on to beat ya :)!!

I don't get off until 5, and I have some chores and shit, so I'll log in at 7:00, cool? (that is central time, it is 2:13 at the time of this post in central here right now)

That's what someone else had posted, that you can't save SSBB date to an SD card. Kinda sucks.

Yeah i tried that yesterday. It won't copy to an SD card so i ended up lugging my Wii around. It's all in Nintendo's scheme to sell carry cases for the wii. Or you can just put it in your cargo pockets >_<

Maybe Pm the people you have added just to make sure so we dont have everyone saying, I added you every other post :P.

At one time I had everyone added but some did were saying the awaiting for registration as well. So I erased the majority of those. I did add you though amarriedmegaphone.