Super Smash Bros Brawl

Arek the Absolute

New Pork City is just a pain. I love large levels in general, but it's... for lack of a better word, so loud and gaudy that it's difficult to navigate. If the background wasn't so damn offensive, the level might be more fun. To its credit, though, I do like the Ultimate Chimera appearing at random times in places. Really spices up the level and can make for some hilarious moments if someone gets thrown just right.

I still haven't unlocked Spear Pillar yet for some... weird reason. Flat Zone 2 has my second for being obnoxious, though. Truthfully, I like the IDEA of the stage, but its execution is just so haphazard, it's difficult to deal with. If there was more wide open space to manuever, the level would be eaiser to weather.

That said, I really like Pictochat as a level. It can be obnoxious at times, but in general it's delightfully chaotic but in such a manner where you can adapt quickly. It's a lot of fun, I think.

That stage is truly artistic. It's a small stage with leaves to stand on. They change color when you hit them, and little tadpoles bounce on them. Each touch makes a different bell-like sound, it's pretty neat if you like to experiment with sound.

Sounds more like Electroplankton itself.

it is yet another good game made into a terrible stage

If I had to guess why, it'd be because of the small platforms, the inconvenient layout of them, and the plankton things that, from what I've seen, do damage. Am I right or am I completely wrong?

Sigh... Why must most of the stages suck? At first I was in love with them, but as I played more and unlocked all of them, the good stages are definitely outnumbered by bad stages. The only ones I can say I truly love are Final Destination, Battleground, the MGS stage, the new Starfox Stage, Luigi's Mansion, and the Bridge of Eldin along with a few others. I just like simple, straightforward stages I guess. :neutral:

The Electroplankton stage is ok for two players, IMO, but when I brought four players on it, it was bad. Waaaaaaaay to cramped.

Sigh... Why must most of the stages suck? At first I was in love with them, but as I played more and unlocked all of them, the good stages are definitely outnumbered by bad stages. The only ones I can say I truly love are Final Destination, Battleground, the MGS stage, the new Starfox Stage, Luigi's Mansion, and the Bridge of Eldin along with a few others. I just like simple, straightforward stages I guess. :neutral:

The Electroplankton stage is ok for two players, IMO, but when I brought four players on it, it was bad. Waaaaaaaay to cramped.

Heh, that's odd. Sakurai was specifically trying to go for less chaotic stage design this time around. I think he succeeded, for the most part. I prefer a balanced mix of both types. Simple stages give you a chance to show your true fighting skills. Chaotic stages break up the monotony and usually have fun mechanics thrown in (see Wario's stage).

I played against a few people at a game store, and I won't lie... I got demolished twice (though I won twice, so that makes it even). I kicked ass with MetaKnight and Peach, but I got ass-smacked when using DeDeDe twice in a row. With DeDeDe, YOU CANNOT USE HIM LIKE A REGULAR CHARACTER; HE IS TOO DAMN SLOW! King Deed is sweet with disablement and knockouts, and he's the best of the heavyweights when it comes to recovery, but the dude cannot get close to a smaller/skinnier person without getting roundhoused.

Heh, that's odd. Sakurai was specifically trying to go for less chaotic stage design this time around. I think he succeeded, for the most part. I prefer a balanced mix of both types. Simple stages give you a chance to show your true fighting skills. Chaotic stages break up the monotony and usually have fun mechanics thrown in (see Wario's stage).

That's why I recommend looking at your surroundings and playing 1P before duels/brawls.

I love going online and showing all those Lucarios and Ike's who's boss with my Jigglyboobs.

Seriously, every other player on Wi-Fi uses Ike or Lucario. Its quite annoying.

Well, people like Ike because he hits like a truck and he carries a big sword. That gets a lot of appeal. Ironically, I'd wager a good number of people who use him have never played a Fire Emblem game let alone Path of Radiance. I find such likelihoods amusing, for some reason. But yeah, the whole "I have a sword" thing is really popular amongst a lot of people. As for Lucario? I have no idea except that he's a Pokemon.

Personally, I play as Sonic. Also Samus, Wolf, and Link. I'm personally glad they made Link a bit more smooth and mobile. For a long time I mained him in Melee but consistantly got destroyed by people who played as Marth. Also, am I the only one that's happy to see his bombs actually have decent knockback power now?