Super Smash Bros Brawl

Arek the Absolute

^ I got him last night. He's pretty cool isn't he? Is forward-B is pretty cool too. Good thing his forward-A covers the rest of the forward attack movement.

By the way, do you have to register Wii console codes along with the brawl friend codes - because I'm thinking that's why I can't register some of you guys. I don't know.

AUGH

Kiddies, I have a slight problem. I am still debating on whether this will be a single or double elimination tournament.

INPUT PLZ. Will be making my decision tonight.

Also, expect this to be announced in this thread, but held in another thread. I will do sign ups in this one cause lol competitions subforum never gets attention.

Looking forward to your input guise.

Items are going to be off. Sorry to those of you who are item players, but the mass majority wish for them to be off.

Don't worry though, if this gets a good amount of participation, there will be other tournies that can definitely have items on.

All maps? Yeee......iono about that. Since it will be best 3 out of 5...maybe.

Haven't been able to play with you guys yet but I'm definitely maybe gonna get in on this tournament! Items off is good. I think non-neutral stages are fine, but there are a few stages that are just way too intrusive for serious play. Namely Warioware, Spear Pillar, and Rumble Falls.

^ I got him last night. He's pretty cool isn't he? Is forward-B is pretty cool too. Good thing his forward-A covers the rest of the forward attack movement.

I only got to use him once after unlocking him, but he's pretty interesting. Gonna have to beat classic mode with him now :P.

Still don't see what people have against items and the random element they introduce. To each their own, but the game seems so much less stiff and so much more fun to me playing with items on...then again, I just play the game for fun and don't take it so seriously :P.

Online lag is incredibly frustrating. Either I'm getting disconnected or playing with a 3-second delay on all my controls.

I've seen guides detailing DMZ connections and port-forwarding, and I nearly crapped my pants. That's waaaay to complicated for my simple brain. I want to pay someone to do it for me...Anyone know of any computer whiz for hire in the upper Iowa area?

AUGH

Kiddies, I have a slight problem. I am still debating on whether this will be a single or double elimination tournament.

INPUT PLZ. Will be making my decision tonight.

Singles are a bit easier to set up, quick to finish, but don't give rookie players much of a chance.

Doubles take longer, more complicated to follow (unless you have a good tournament maker/program), but let everyone have more playtime.

So if there's a good number of excellent players, go with the singles. Otherwise, doubles works for all the people who would be thrilled to not lose their first match.

Still don't see what people have against items and the random element they introduce. To each their own, but the game seems so much less stiff and so much more fun to me playing with items on...then again, I just play the game for fun and don't take it so seriously :P.

I began having a lot more fun with Melee when I started taking it seriously and playing at a competitive level. Hell, the Ice Climbers are nigh unplayable (in terms of actually being enjoyable enough to play) without wavedashing.

As for items, how is losing because of a more random element fun? It's frustrating, if anything. Even when I win (in tournaments, at least -- I'd often play casual matches with my roommates with some items on) because of items, I feel like it's less satisfying. Who wants to get knocked out of a tournament because a Smash Ball happened to appear while they were off the stage?

Alright kiddies, I made my decision.

ANNOUNCING OCREMIX'S FIRST SUPER SMASH BROTHERS BRAWL TOURNAMENT

(hosted by ClanOCR)

Since this is OCR's first tournament, I am going to keep things rather simple.

TOURNAMENT PLAY IS AS FOLLOWS:

-Three stock with no time limit

-Single Elimination

-Items are off

-Rounds will be best 3 out of 5 (mainly to give people a chance JIC they get f'ed over by lag)

-Stages will be random at first, then whoever lost the first match will get to chose the stage next.

-No limit on who you can choose. If you play one character, you aren't stuck using that one character the whole tournament.

THE FOLLOWING STAGES ARE BANNED:

-Spear Pillar

-Rumble Falls

-Wario Ware

Sign ups will be held in this thread and will end on SUNDAY MARCH 23 AT 11:59 PM PST.

If you are interested in the tournament, please join us at #clanocr on the enterthegame server *and while you are here, don't forget to also join #ocremix :) *

So ya, there you go. FIRST POST WILL BE UPDATED WITH INFO AND WITH THOSE INTERESTED.

SUPER PS- If you want to sign up, best way is to hit me up on aim. This will ensure your position in the tourny.

If it's a tourney then items need to be off. Tournament play is all about competition. Random element shouldn't really be a factor.

But if i'm playing casual it needs to be a 4 player match with pretty much all items on. I get lamed by items and final smashes ALL the time when I play with my friends. But you know that's just the fun.

It's down to the wire. Only two men left standing. A smart bomb drops, explodes on my face, and i go flying off the stage without a chance. Beautiful. I love it lol. I'll laugh along with everyone else.

To me, smash bros without items is like mario kart without items. Not really fun anymore.

If it's a tourney then items need to be off. Tournament play is all about competition. Random element shouldn't really be a factor.

But if i'm playing casual it needs to be a 4 player match with pretty much all items on. I get lamed by items and final smashes ALL the time when I play with my friends. But you know that's just the fun.

It's down to the wire. Only two men left standing. A smart bomb drops, explodes on my face, and i go flying off the stage without a chance. Beautiful. I love it lol. I'll laugh along with everyone else.

To me, smash bros without items is like mario kart without items. Not really fun anymore.

Totally. That's basically what I'm trying to say. I've known people who had come over and when we were all going to play Melee, they get almost defensive about items needing to be off...where's the fun in that? They were always the worst people to have over for some party gaming cuz they would take it WAY too seriously, to the point where the game just wouldn't be enjoyable for anyone anymore (and that doesn't mean they were the best either...my best friend is the best Smash player I've known in real life/ever played against, but despite that he doesn't take the game or himself too seriously).

Totally. That's basically what I'm trying to say. I've known people who had come over and when we were all going to play Melee, they get almost defensive about items needing to be off...where's the fun in that? They were always the worst people to have over for some party gaming cuz they would take it WAY too seriously, to the point where the game just wouldn't be enjoyable for anyone anymore (and that doesn't mean they were the best either...my best friend is the best Smash player I've known in real life/ever played against, but despite that he doesn't take the game or himself too seriously).

Only some jerks are like that. Most of us who play without items play for a good time too.

Also, most of us don't fight having items on. If it is a party and peeps want to play brawl/melee with items, that is cool with me. I will just wreck havoc WHILE using items.

Smashville IS the best stage in the game. It just freakin' rocks.

Anyway, it looks good in brawl for not having too many stages banned. Only ones that I would ever like to see banned for common tournaments is Rumble Falls, Mario Bros., 75m, Spear Pillar, Mushroomy Kingdom, Wario ware, New Pork City, Big Blue, and Temple. For competitive tournaments, that is, because I can play Temple or Big Blue w/ my friends anytime and the all of them can be really fun if you're in the mood for something different. Out of 41 stages, that leaves a LOT to play on. <3 Brawl's massive increase in variety in stage, MUSIC, and character choice.