Super Smash Bros Brawl

Arek the Absolute

Your Nintendo dream team needs more F-zero. Any of the starting 4 roster but also one of the 30 characters F-zero X added(or the extra 10 GX added). Imagine Pico, Samurai Goroh, give Ganondorf his own move set and make Blood Falcon(if they are gonna still make clones), The Skull, Bio Rex, Octoman, Don Genie, and many others. I could seriously go on, 30+ characters and only one makes it. And yes I know Captain Falcon has a Blood Falcon alternate costume. F-zero is obviously Nintendo's runt :(

I think Simon Belmont or another Nintendo-y Castlevania character (Soma? Julius? Hell, Trevor?) would be really awesome. Probably no Alucard cause of his fame coming from the PS1, but hey if they could do Snake they can do anything. Sakurai is always making games and he doesn't afraid of anything

Sonic and Snake aren't on the dream roster because there's simply no guarantee they'll return for another game. The second roster is entirely Capcom, hence why Megaman's on that. Sega and Konami rosters were attempted, but I couldn't really reach the minimum 28 characters I arbitrarily set up.

And More F-Zero characters = more Captain Falcon knockoffs (if not outright "clones"). It happened with Star Fox.

Sonic and Snake aren't on the dream roster because there's simply no guarantee they'll return for another game. The second roster is entirely Capcom, hence why Megaman's on that. Sega and Konami rosters were attempted, but I couldn't really reach the minimum 28 characters I arbitrarily set up.

And More F-Zero characters = more Captain Falcon knockoffs (if not outright "clones"). It happened with Star Fox.

Not true, necessarily. Assume the next playable F-Zero character is Samurai Goro. He's nothing at all like Falcon in concept, and logically he'd have a totally different moveset.

How about B.o.b? from the SNES? great character. and it wouldn't be much of a stretch to make him work in the Smash formula.

He would be a projectile based character, much like Samus but replace the missles with plasma.

That would be about as likely as a new Double Dragon game with Wiimotes strapped to your feet, and only about 1/14 as awesome.

Try playing some of the Star Fox characters and you might notice they aren't really that clonish at all.

I am aware they all play quite differently. However, they're undeniably similar in certain aspects. That's what I was getting at. Guys like Black Shadow, Blood Falcon, etc, would likely play differently, but be similar to Falcon.

But besides, Blood Falcon is definitely better of as just an alternate colour scheme, like "Daisy" and "Louie".

I'm surprised nobody called me on my general lack of Fire Emblem characters.

And I can honestly say I've never heard of B.o.b.

I am aware they all play quite differently. However, they're undeniably similar in certain aspects. That's what I was getting at. Guys like Black Shadow, Blood Falcon, etc, would likely play differently, but be similar to Falcon.

But besides, Blood Falcon is definitely better of as just an alternate colour scheme, like "Daisy" and "Louie".

Needs Earthworm Jim.

Not true, necessarily. Assume the next playable F-Zero character is Samurai Goro. He's nothing at all like Falcon in concept, and logically he'd have a totally different moveset.

How do you think that Ganondorf is similar in concept to Captain Falcon? Just curious. They're not even from the same game and they got slapped with very similar move sets two games in a row.

How do you think that Ganondorf is similar in concept to Captain Falcon? Just curious. They're not even from the same game and they got slapped with very similar move sets two games in a row.

I figured this was going to come up. And this, I attribute to the people who designed Melee. Why they didn't design a new moveset? Dunno. Time constraints or sheer abject laziness is anyone's guess.

Still, I'd say that Goro would work inherently differently than Falcon. I mean, just the way he acts as an Assist Trophy should make it abundantly clear that he'd probably work totally differently. Plus, it's in character for him to have a wild, dangerous fighting style.

In any case, my roster was just a dumb little thing I worked on for a couple hours. I mean, criminy, it has Dr. Lobe on it. Dr. Freakin' Lobe. Who in their right mind wants to play as him? How many people even know who he is? My roster's also missing the greatest hero ever: Mike Jones, from Startropics. But then again, that's because there aren't any 3D images of him. (Dr. Lobe's pic ain't 3D either, but it was nice and clean art that had a blank background.)

Needs Earthworm Jim.

I thought his name was Bob...? We're talking about the same goldfish, right?

[Fake edit]

Oh man I got confused, I thought your post had something to do with the one you were quoting. Yes, yes, the roster does need Earthworm Jim.

(And sorry for making fun or your post! :wink: I really did think you were talking about an Earthworm Jim character named B.o.b., that you were telling Thalzon that he needs Earthworm Jim!)

So, who's this plasma-shooting B.o.b for the SNES guy anyway?? Yes, I am too lazy to look it up on Google!