Super Smash Bros Brawl

Arek the Absolute

Congratulations, defender!! I went to a small tournament today and got fourth. God I hate Metaknight SO much.

yeah, i know what you mean. second and third place were two metaknights, and i only beat the guy in the final because he kept getting hit by my upb.

i wish i could say it was a big tourney, but it was around 25-30 people, each putting in up to three characters. i put in three, but lucas and jiggs got knocked out somewhere in the fourth round of five. the guys were real good so i couldn't get off a kill move (my biggest two matches were a kirby and meta, respectively) and had to rely on constant backthrows and an occasional dthrow to dash, since it's real hard to chaingrab a good metaknight. i'd dthrow, he'd roll away and i'd catch him in one of dedede's trips that i love so well.

the last match went on forever because he caught onto me, so i just had to continually rack up damage. a meta to get to 212% against a dedede is rare indeed, but i just couldn't put him away without leaving myself vulnerable. in the end, i shorthopped, he missed his fsmash and i hit him with a bair to end it :o

Not hard, so long as you have all the information on-hand. You can have the wii search for access points and do most of the set-up automatically. If any of the connections are password-protected, however, you'll need to state what kind of security the connection has and its password.

It's causing issues for me here because my dad has forgotten the security password, so the wii can't connect to the internet. :P

I finally picked this game up today, after trading in RE4 and Super Paper Mario for it. How hard is it to set up the Wii to a network?

Wait, you expect to play Brawl online? Haha, that's a laugh.

Actually, you'll probably be good to go if you only do "With Friends".

Heh, the road to Brawl took 2 valuable friends down. RE4 and Super Paper Mario? I hope you at least got to play both thoroughly before you traded 'em!

My copy of Brawl is severely lacking matches in the Brawl mode...

Why must all the 1v1s I do be on someone else's copy or via WFC (which sucks balls)?

I need to get my butt over to some tournaments or bi-weeklies or into a crew, because I'm going mad with my limited exposure to skilled players and am being left behind by crews like DBR. :(

I kinda missed the point too.... most were unremarkable, but there were a few ok ones.

Best one was the "Don't move!" KO, where the guy actually stands there and takes it.

A CPU once took my last stock when I taunted in the taunt minigame XD

I think I still have the replay...

[Edit]

Maybe I'm just not entertained because more interesting KOs and stuff happens ALL THE TIME when I play Brawl, and watching a video is incomparable to watching yourself and people you know. About a third of the matches I play are replay-save worthy, but 95% of them are over 3 minutes >=(

I'm starting to appreciate Yoshis changes more in Brawl, at first I didn't really like his loss in priority, now it seems easier to string together combos and stuff.

(No, I still don't own it to those who have asked for a friend code, I just get to play on occasion at one of the residence halls...but I might be getting it for my birthday :D)

I've had the game for about a week now and I'm sorry to say it is not quite what I expected it to be. I guess that is what you get when you've been anticipating it for so long.

The biggest issue I have with it is the speed. It's often too chaotic to really feel in control, and the difficulty level is definitely toned down a great deal compared to Melee. This of course is the result of Nintendo enforcing their "everyone must be able to play or else..." policy T__T;

Overall I really like the cast of characters and the music and everything is amazing.

Due to the speed issue, I think I'll have a hard time actually getting skilled at the game and because it is so easy to unlock all characters, I felt "done" after really just 2 or 3 days (a good 17 hours).

It's not quite as rewarding as Melee all in all, and I'm sad to see the point system gone which was one of my fav things about Melee. Now you can just mash buttons and win and the game won't care how lame you played.

Oh well. I'm still glad I got it and I hope it will grow on me more over time. Looking forward to getting properly good at it and playing lag free online matches haha.