Super Smash Bros Brawl

Arek the Absolute

The coin launcher in my game has been quite useless for sometime now... No more new trophies seem to be earned through the launcher at all anymore. I have over 10k just sitting there. :?

Oh.

The last time I checked, I had em up in the 9000's, so i assumed that i would now have around 10k.

I think it's actually due to the horrible load times.

Bingo. It takes some time to load the actual playable characters into the game. When you play 100-man/Endless Brawl, you'll notice the disc being read every 25 kills when it loads in a playable character as the CPU.

Also, I wish this game didn't blow so much online.

Yeah, it's honestly like they barely tried. I almost wish that Sakurai had gone with Iwata's original idea, that way they would have focused more on the online aspect.

I wish they would play it themselves so I could see what they'd have to say. What was the point of adding online play when there is a 1-2 second delay the whole match? It almost makes me wish I'd have to pay for an online service from Nintendo just so their online system could be a hell of a lot better with actual accounts.

I wish they would play it themselves so I could see what they'd have to say. What was the point of adding online play when there is a 1-2 second delay the whole match? It almost makes me wish I'd have to pay for an online service from Nintendo just so their online system could be a hell of a lot better with actual accounts.

Yeah, they seem to think that free makes up for all the crap. I'd gladly pay money for a better online system, because Brawl becomes almost unplayable online at times.

Hmm, I seem to recall the Brawl developers saying they weren't adding online and a lot of fans whining and kicking their feet about it being absent, and a lot of speculation about how having online for Brawl just wouldn't work because of unavoidable lag. You don't care in games like Mario Kart because lag doesn't really affect your racing strategy, but the Smash Bros games are dependent on precision timing. Too bad the devs caved in to all of that gamer kicking and whining, eh?

Hmm, I seem to recall the Brawl developers saying they weren't adding online and a lot of fans whining and kicking their feet about it being absent, and a lot of speculation about how having online for Brawl just wouldn't work because of unavoidable lag. You don't care in games like Mario Kart because lag doesn't really affect your racing strategy, but the Smash Bros games are dependent on precision timing. Too bad the devs caved in to all of that gamer kicking and whining, eh?

WRONG. Totally, totally wrong. Caps cannot express my amazement at this post.

Oh wow. This logic is downright scary.

Developers listening to consumer demands? It could never work! Just look at Brawl! I mean, it's not like the entire Smash Bros franchise is tailor made for Nintendo fans or anything.

Stop trying to justify Brawl's shitty online play.

I actually haven't has a lot of lag. I got it a few times the first time I played Arek, and I got it nonstop during two battles I did earlier this week. (Which made me have to quite as it caused motion sickness). But I've had way more lag free battles than battles with lag.

But normally it plays ok...I do wish it was easier to play meaningful matches online and stuff though, but that's partially the nintendo FC thing there. >.< (If anyone wants to play let me know btw)

I actually haven't has a lot of lag. I got it a few times the first time I played Arek, and I got it nonstop during two battles I did earlier this week. (Which made me have to quite as it caused motion sickness). But I've had way more lag free battles than battles with lag.

But normally it plays ok...I do wish it was easier to play meaningful matches online and stuff though, but that's partially the nintendo FC thing there. >.< (If anyone wants to play let me know btw)

Give me your friend code and I'll add you. Mine is 3179-5865-1416.

I need some more ideas for the best way to play smash bros:

Smash Bros DRINKING GAMES!

'Auto Handicap': Winner takes a shot.

'The Knee of make my pain go away': Take a shot every time falcon knees you to make the pain go away.

'Loser goes out of it': Loser takes a shot.

'Multi-stock shock': If you get a 2-stock or a 3-stock, your shot winnings are double/tripled etc.

'Drink to survive': Put maxi tomatoes on low/medium. You must drink to use one.

Anyone else got any ideas/play smash this way?

Question 1: How many stages are open to go to from the beginning? I started up a new game with my new Wii (so no save data anywhere) and saw I could go to Final Destination immediately. Is that standard?

Question 2: Anyone have any info as to the nature of the update that Brawl brought to the system? I let it run and everything, but I'm curious about exactly what happened.

I went to a tournament today, it went pretty well. My partner and I did teams, and we came in fourth place. Our first loss was to PC Chris and Cort, and then in losers we lost to a team that we barely beat in winners earlier, so they got their revenge on us. I guess the most surprising thing about the whole thing is that I've spent so much time trying out new characters the last few weeks, and I ended up just going Yoshi for most of it.

Anyone have any info as to the nature of the update that Brawl brought to the system? I let it run and everything, but I'm curious about exactly what happened.

Updated news and weather channels.

Some dual-layer fixes.