Super Smash Bros Brawl

Arek the Absolute

it is cliche, dude. it's incredibly difficult to prepare a proper offense when i'm forced to stay away from my opponent at all times. it means i can't play as dedede because my grab game is fucked (nana can knock me off) and that's fine, it's an advantage of the character. i SHOULD be punished for trying to grab the ice climbers. however, i find it difficult to believe i should lose a stock for being within grabbing range of my opponent.

i understand that it won't be banned until it's proven to break tourneys. fine. i'm just not going to singles tourneys anymore, is all. i know i was better than the other player, we had played doubles and i beat both him and his partner in a truly gut-wrenching 2v1 situation. that's probably the most irritating thing and probably my main gripe--i will readily lose to an ike or an olimar that outplays me. i can't stand losing to ice climbers that turn one mistake into an immediate loss of stock.

it's just frustrating that i'm missing the boat on a competitive community, is all. i'm certainly not risking big money on whether or not my opponent can grab me. but i'm against all infinites in brawl, so what do i know.

If you don't win, then you weren't the better player in that match. It's as simple as that. It doesn't matter if you're 50-0 in tournament, if you lose a round or a match, for the duration of that match your opponent was better than you.

Dedede should have no problem at all against the ICs. His grab range is better, his chainthrow is better, his projectiles are better, his aerials are better, his smashes are better, his recovery is better. Everything about D3 is better than the ICs. Your problem probably stems from the fact that you have very little experience against ICs, especially chain-throwing ICs. Get them off the stage, gimp Nana in mid-air (which should be a piece of cake as D3), and you win. That's really all it takes. If the IC shield camps you to try and get a grab, grab them first. D3's grab is so much faster than the ICs, and you should have thrown Popo away by the time Nana can even react thanks to the desync lag.

yeah, you're probably right.

honestly, i think it's a mix of multiple things. i guess i phrased myself wrong, what i meant was in a pure match of 1v1 without infinites on his or my part, i doubt i would've lost--i believe i was the better "pure" player, for whatever that's worth, but it's not a "pure" environment in any sense of the word, the game wouldn't have the depth or community it does if it were "pure" in that sense. it really was a lack of exposure to ic's (chaingrabbing ones, at that) and an inability to adapt my style, i guess. i'd ftilt to keep him away, throw waddles, bair, dsmash, inhale (terrible, terrible idea), everything to keep him at bay...and i'd just mess up one single time and lose a stock for it. more than anything, i suppose i have to realize that the ice climbers are the ultimate punishment character.

about shield grabbing, i really couldn't grab them back--every time i would, nana would knock me off. i would somehow continually hit nana, i even scored a gordo and it barely brushed by popo and knocked her out. i managed to separate the two often and killed nana a few times, the bottom line is it's just aggravating that against the ice climbers one mistake leads to a 60 - 80% punishment. add to the fact that him and i played that 2v1 earlier (shiku's fox and lobos' toon link v. my dedede) and i beat him. i understand it's the nature of the game, i'm just not comfortable with spending upwards of $20 in that situation.

i guess i'm approaching this in the same way someone would approach mario strikers. i don't know if anyone has played that, but i'm extremely competitive in that game and while some of the tricks are just downright nasty and simple, they're not entirely game-breaking. there certainly are ways around it if you know how...all in all, i guess i didn't know how. the difference, though, is that in strikers it'll put you back one or two points...but not an entire stock, match or set. unless someone spams it, obviously, which is what he did. because i didn't know how to stop him.

and it really was my first "real" tourney, so i didn't make the realization that some characters would've been good in that situation. namely, an ice climbers ditto. correct me if i'm wrong, but i'd think my nana would prevent his popo from hornswoggling me.

mike, i live in severn...we'd talked about playing a few games before, i really wish you could've made it to the tourney we had before. we get together regularly if you'd like to join :o

Well it's been awhile... looking for someone to play with that's halfway decent that I haven't played with yet. Any takers for later today? You definitely have my attention if you can beat Atma or Jam. :)

It's like Street Fighter. G-T is Bison, and me, Atma and Ayres are Balrog, Vega and Sagat. I'm not sure who's who, but I'd like to be Sagat if possible. He's so damn badass.

It's like Street Fighter. G-T is Bison, and me, Atma and Ayres are Balrog, Vega and Sagat. I'm not sure who's who, but I'd like to be Sagat if possible. He's so damn badass.

Only if you can do that cross-armed/shrug laugh with an eye-patch. If you can, then you may reside in your portion of Thailand.

Edit: Cobaltfirestarcosmosthingamabob, sure we can play later.

I find this analogy entertaining because these images amuse me. *Rubber Stamps "Approval"*

you fgts are forgetting one person who has been able to topple atma and is again able to do it

ME

bring it on

plus ayres doesnt even rep ocr

Oh yeah, that's right. So here we are now:

Bison- GT

Vega- Atma

Balrog- Arek

Sagat- Jam

This so needs to become a sig at some point.

jam i need to play you in some actually serious matches for once

i have no fun playing snake or oli anymore which is why i rarely pick them when playing anyone

Yeah, I've been trying to find a main character since I bought this game. Hopefully, I finally have.

From the description on the Youtube page:

No, I did not screw with the damage ratio. If I did, they'd do the normal amount of damage.

Thanks to myself for being the Jeckyl of this glitch, and Red Blue for being the Hydde of this glitch.

Here is the formula of the glitch (I made the glitch, no idiots better say it's theirs.) You go on Mario Brothers Stage with one or more people, you have to use a reflecting character. One person throws a random crab or turtle on that stage to the guy with the reflector. Do the same with the other guy, and if they aren't powered up yet you wait your ass 'till next match. I unconvered this glitch upon trying to do the Brawl Black Hole.

WOW