Super Smash Bros Brawl

Arek the Absolute

i've had a bit of practice against them, namely g&w. the group i play with includes a really, really good game and watch and while it's taken some time to get used to his timing (seriously, his dair has almost no lag), i've got him down pretty well. my biggest problem match right now is probably with wolf...my friend has a reflector>fsmash combo that almost always hits. since the knockback and stun time are set, he'll usually get it off.

I played some games with Silent Mike and a couple others last night. It was cool, but I definitely could’ve done without my SD at the end.

Anyway, the games were much smoother than the "With Anyone" games I’ve played, so I’ve gone ahead and added most of the OCR Database. If your name’s been on the list for a while, or if I’ve seen you post in this thread recently, there’s a good chance I’ve added you. I have a list of about 25 people I haven’t added yet, but I’ll try to add some names next week by deleting whoever hasn’t registered. If anyone’s curious, I consider myself okay, but I’m not an amazing player or anything. I’m not picky about rules.

i discovered allisbrawl the other day and its been an excellent source with which to gain experience. i reccommend it to everyone, its what smashboards was to melee (and still is to some degree to brawl), and is very well organized.

Ha, I actually don't like AllisBrawl that much. I only go there when Smashboards is down (which is fairly often).

i think smashboards is much better in terms of quality information, but as far as looking for people to play against i've had much much better times doing this on allisbrawl. seeing as i'm not heavily established in either one its easier for me to get better using allisbrawl and some of the info i can get from smashboards.

i think smashboards is much better in terms of quality information, but as far as looking for people to play against i've had much much better times doing this on allisbrawl. seeing as i'm not heavily established in either one its easier for me to get better using allisbrawl and some of the info i can get from smashboards.

Yeah, you're absolutely right about allisbrawl being better for matches. I once got an infraction at Smashboards for asking if anyone wanted to play.

Smashboards people say you can get out of it, like the people who actually know what they're talking about

Also depends on character, you can't say it works on everybody and only show it being done on one character. Also this guy has made false discoveries before

Smashboards people say you can get out of it, like the people who actually know what they're talking about

Also depends on character, you can't say it works on everybody and only show it being done on one character. Also this guy has made false discoveries before

I suggest you do your research before you post false information about someone. I have never made a "False" discovery before this one. I've made a new video and it will be up soon. It shows that even if someone breaks out in the air you can still regrab them, well at least all of the people I've tested so far.

I suggest you do your research before you post false information about someone. I have never made a "False" discovery before this one. I've made a new video and it will be up soon. It shows that even if someone breaks out in the air you can still regrab them, well at least all of the people I've tested so far.

Did you register just to say that?

What characters? If you say it works on all characters, why haven't you tested all of them? What real life player was trying to DI or airdodge? Level 9 computers don't count

At first a ton of characters could standing grab infinite Ness and Lucas but with PROPER DI and dodging the list was shortened. All signs point to a dead obvious no

Sorry, I just hate these kids trying to "find the new wavedash" or whatever and being totally off

That looks pretty easily escapable if someone DIs up and away... When Lucas gets released into the air, he didn't jump out, and the point at which you can jump out of grab releases usually is somewhere near the peak of their trajectory. Just because the character is in that release animation does not mean they are helpless, a lot of characters can interrupt it with attacks or jumping.

Yes, the grab release gives Bowser frame advantage, but not enough so that he can infinite.

Egads, he's not a scientist. I'd prefer to see "actually, if you use this character" to "why don't you check it out with this character". It's pretty tiring work to specifically test it with character after character, especially if you have to get someone else to control the opponent and try every method available to get around it.

A trick has been found, we should be experimenting with it ourselves, not telling someone else to.

Egads, he's not a scientist. I'd prefer to see "actually, if you use this character" to "why don't you check it out with this character". It's pretty tiring work to specifically test it with character after character, especially if you have to get someone else to control the opponent and try every method available to get around it.

A trick has been found, we should be experimenting with it ourselves, not telling someone else to.

Oh yeah, telling the so-called "discoverer" of a technique to prove his claim is just soooo outrageous! Should we chew up his food for him while we're at it?