Super Smash Bros Brawl

Arek the Absolute

So there were some interesting results from the latest big East Coast Brawl tournament, XII.E.S.T.I.C.L.E.:

- Brawl Singles -

1: Azen --> Lucario

2: Chudat --> Kirby

3: NinjaLink --> Diddy Kong

4: m2k --> Metaknight / Dedede

5: Plank --> Metaknight

5: Omni --> Metaknight

7: Omegablackmage --> Game & Watch

7: Forte --> Metaknight

9: Atomsk

9: Boss

9: Chillin

9: Neo

Not so much the people, but the characters: no Snakes in the top 8 at all, and no MKs in the top 3, although he did get almost every other spot.

It's not pretentiousness as it is indignance at being treated condescendingly by some jerk on a forum.

if me saying that all Marth players play a certain way is being condescending to you than that's pretty much a textbook example of pretentiousness

Baiken is a good example of all the things that there needed to be more of in Brawl.

if me saying that all Marth players play a certain way is being condescending to you than that's pretty much a textbook example of pretentiousness

You weren't who...I wasn't...oh nevermind.

I love Smash but I don't like Sakurai's design philosophy.

It's patently absurd to expect that you can have half of the game designed around quick thinking and technical skill and then design another half of the game around completely banging that first half in the ass.

• 3 weeks later...