Super Smash Bros Brawl

Arek the Absolute

Waddle Dees are definitely one of the best projectiles in the game. And D3 just needs to grab, and he wins. His grab range is like half of Smashville, it's ridiculous.

I think that tier list looks pretty off as well (Pit higher than Zelda? No way), but it is their first one. It'll get refined as time goes on.

Pretty much all that really matters is top tier and high tier, and with the exception of Pit and Wolf, those two tiers look pretty good.

Waddle Dees are definitely one of the best projectiles in the game. And D3 just needs to grab, and he wins. His grab range is like half of Smashville, it's ridiculous.

I dont grab much, except with olimar because of its incredible efficiency, but deedeedee doesnt seem like he has much of a grab radius. actually for any attack that doesnt involve his hammer, people need to be practically right on top of him for the attack to connect. that goes for the rocket hammer as well. And none of the grabs in smash do much damage, i mean his down throw he sits on the opponent for 7 damage.

atma why would I play you with sonic? Hes the easiest character to get the hang of, just remember that anytime you push a button he turns into a ball and does pathetic damage and youve pretty much got it. Id play you on internet, man, id love to, but no wii/ wireless. Id have to buy a wii and wireless router to play online and I dont have that kind of money right now.

D3's back throw does 16%. That's fucking nuts for a throw. Not to mention his dthrow is a chaingrab on like 2/3 of the cast, it's a tech-chase chaingrab if you can pull it off, it's an infinite in some cases (Pokemon Stadium and Corneria, for example), and it always links to at least a ftilt. No matter how you look at it, if D3 grabs you, you're going to eat close to 20% of damage.

D3 doesn't even need his Smashes, because his utilt, dtilt, and bair are so brutal. His fsmash is too slow to realistically hit anyone (although it does punish people who underestimate its retarded range), and his utilt is so much better than his usmash it's almost a joke, pretty much like Snake.

Lastly, he has five jumps, super armor on the top half of his body during his recovery, has a sure-fire suicide attack if he needs it, and amazing aerials in general. Basically, if you can't win a match as D3, you probably can't win at all.

D3's back throw does 16%. That's fucking nuts for a throw. Not to mention his dthrow is a chaingrab on like 2/3 of the cast, it's a tech-chase chaingrab if you can pull it off, it's an infinite in some cases (Pokemon Stadium and Corneria, for example), and it always links to at least a ftilt. No matter how you look at it, if D3 grabs you, you're going to eat close to 20% of damage.

D3 doesn't even need his Smashes, because his utilt, dtilt, and bair are so brutal. His fsmash is too slow to realistically hit anyone (although it does punish people who underestimate its retarded range), and his utilt is so much better than his usmash it's almost a joke, pretty much like Snake.

Lastly, he has five jumps, super armor on the top half of his body during his recovery, has a sure-fire suicide attack if he needs it, and amazing aerials in general. Basically, if you can't win a match as D3, you probably can't win at all.

youre right, his back throw is pretty good. I always throw up or down, just a stupid reflex. I dont chaingrab because of this crazy sense of honor I have while playing, the same thing that drives me to commit ingame suicide if I get a bullshit kill in a one on one match.

Problem with tilts for me is I cant train my thumb to not mash the control stick, so theres a waiting period for me to do tilts if i want to avoid smashing. ftilts are slow and do only 8 damage, and utilt is great if your opponent is above/ on top of you, and doesnt have a sword/common sense. Dtilt is useless by my judgement. That spendid bair is useful only if ddd doesnt change direction midair after his first jump

Im not sure what you meant about armor, although Id like for you to maybe tell me more about that..

Im still learning here so plz chill atmuh. I admit to being pretentious before, and Ill stop. So far almost everytime ive posted youve nailed me on something and thats kind of annoying.

glitch, super armor is when you get hit but there's no knockback, like on ike's or snake's up specials

also you make yourself an easy target for atmuh to "nail you" because you say dumb stuff with a lot of authority

got it. no dumb stuff then.

How hard is chain grabbing? does it require a certain window of %damage on the opponent?

grab

press down

dash forward for very short time

hit shield then a once youre almost at opponent

press down

press down

press down

press down

press down

press down

i don't use shield+a to grab. i just bound it to L instead

is that not pro?

(also i b-stick)

Depends on the situation, but shield-grabbing is an extremely useful technique. Especially for characters that have excellent grabs. Also, like Atma said, if you're running and then hit the shield button to perform a shield-grab, it will extend the range of your regular standing grab, without adding the lag associated with a dash grab. It's similar to how jump-canceled grabs worked in Melee.

Thanks for advice atmuh looks like you dont want me banned after all.

As far as b sticking, aside from wave bouncing its kind of a waste of a stick, unless there is some useful use of wave bouncing that I hadnt known of before. What would be really efficient would be a c stick that did a strong attack in the direction you pushed without messing up and jumping/ doing a nuetral a attack. but definitely switching grab to L, looks like it would make shield grabbing easier

because you're dumb.

lucas' bsticking pretty much lets him jump forward and pk fire, and end up in the same place or even further back from where he jumped from. great for spacing

As far as b sticking, aside from wave bouncing its kind of a waste of a stick, unless there is some useful use of wave bouncing that I hadnt known of before,

Wave bouncing= using b stick back while in air=what you just said. Its only good with lucas, however.

If there are any other uses of bstick, Id like to know, Im sort of ok with lucas

Red Shadow, if I try to come back from that Ill only get shamed again. Im starting to learn