Super Smash Bros Brawl

Arek the Absolute

well he's got that really high double jump but it's kind of worthless because you can't do it if you're moving

but you can't coast very well using his psi magnet unless you b-stick and that's a great recovery tool

Lucas' b-stick is so amazing. Retreating PK Fire is like one of the best projectile attacks in the game.

So I want to get in on some of these Brawls, I mean TF2 is fun but it'd be nice to break up some games with more brawling.

I don't see many of the recent posters with their data up at http://ocr.anticlan.net/browse.php?game=Super+Smash+Bros.+Brawl but I'll add as many as I can that have been active lately.

Just to inspire everybody who hasn't uploaded their OCR AntiClan data, I'm not going to post my code here, just check the link in the middle of the second line of my post and scroll all the way down for my friend code. Don't forget to sign up and enter in your own friend codes while you're at it!

I really stopped caring for Brawl now. I tried picking it up again yesterday but I can't say I enjoyed it much.

First of all: all my favourite characters seem to be really weak, so in order to actually properly win I'd have to use a character I don't really like. Then again, maybe I'm just not that good at all.

I was trying to get some new CDs so I did a stock match against a level 3 computer, and it just really took me ages to finish it. So then I asked myself "which character do I really kick ass with?". Of all the characters I use (Pikachu, Ike, Lucario, Diddy, Kirby) it seemed that Diddy was my "best". u_u;

I dunno, maybe I just need to play every day to actually get good, but I just don't enjoy the game that much. It's floaty and I can hardly properly land a hit.

I'm playing Melee with some old friends tomorrow. Hopefully I can still enjoy that at least.

While I did enjoy SSE, that too felt way too floaty, making even the basic enemies a real pain to beat. It doesn't feel all that balanced.

I do like blasting through it as Peach though. :)

Perhaps I would have been better at it had I some friends to actually play against. Online was no good for me at all thanks to the lag x_x;

Watching those "pro" videos and listening to the elitezor talk is just discouraging really.

It's always more fun to play with someone in the same room, four GC controllers and Ike is BANNED from use, getting into a four-way struggle on a really stupidly-created custom stage that ends in tears...

I'll take video of my custom stages sometimes to show you the dumb crap I came up with. And while I do like the addition of the ability to create your own battle arenas I feel like it could use a little refinement, such as a slew of more pieces, less gay placement options and the ability to flip certain pieces vertically as well as horizontally. There's so much potential there that was wasted because the development team obviously thought that it was complicated enough as it is.

if it's already not serious play, why ban a character? actually, why ban a character at all?

a fun* thing to do with four people is a falcon punch only fight.

*obnoxious

That is amazing. And I love using Ike in FFA's. If anyone gets more than 30%, their ass is mine.

Ray Falling, I understand and sympathize with your dislike for Brawl. If you keep playing though, stick with Lucario and Diddy. Those two are incredible. And Kirby is really good as well.