Super Smash Bros Brawl

Arek the Absolute

Oh it was just a joke guys, i appreciate skill in brawl just like the rest of you

If only I could find a way around the line of sight of atma, arek, and stunna.

does gt have vids?

EDIT: Scratch that, I found some. Ganonforf eh

Ganondorf is one of my low tier joke characters... ...

... that I win with. (Ganondorf can be really fun if you can get over his clunky feel). Also I don't know if Brawl videos do any real justice to how some of us play. Since Brawl is severely lacking in high technical skill, all videos can come off to mediocre. This does not apply to Melee because holy cow that game had way more technical depth than Brawl.

Ganondorf is one of my low tier joke characters... ...

... that I win with. (Ganondorf can be really fun if you can get over his clunky feel). Also I don't know if Brawl videos do any real justice to how some of us play. Since Brawl is severely lacking in high technical skill, all videos can come off to mediocre. This does not apply to Melee because holy cow that game had way more technical depth than Brawl.

Technical depth basically means you need controlled hand spasms to execute some of the moves correctly, right?

I never got great in melee. I only short hopped successfully about a third of the time, and wave bounces were a sincere challenge for me. And then I found out that I was supposed to be short hopping, attacking, fast falling, and then L cancelling in one move if I was to be truly good.

It's funny when game companies release a strategy guide with their multiplayer games. Within months, it sounds like a newb's advice. They developers know nothing about the metagame before it is released, and yet, still fancy themselves as the best players there could be. I mean, there were strategy guides for StarCraft, SSB, and SSBM

I played Brawl for a while yesterday after not having played it in quite some time, as there's a tournament coming up in less than two weeks and I want to at least start getting used to the gameplay (every time I try, I just can't play for a long time because I get angry with how sluggish it is. That and tripping - "Haha! You fell for my bait! I'm gonna grab y~ face plant. And now I'm eating a smash, my reward for tricking you"). I don't know why, but I've gotten used to Peach. Of all the characters. I know, I know, not awful, but still. I guess she's quick enough on the ground to remind me of melee, in initial dash speed or something, I dunno (that and one of the only real "techniques" you can use with her, the shield boost thing where you throw a turnip - it makes it feel like I'm actually doing something - I can't stop l-cancelling every damn aerial and I still want to wavedash). I'll play toon link occasionally, but I'm not too familiar with him yet, though I do like him and will probably use both in the tourney.

The transition has been difficult for me from melee to brawl. Speaking of, I also played melee yesterday. And if felt SO right. I missed falco so damn much.

I played Brawl for a while yesterday after not having played it in quite some time, as there's a tournament coming up in less than two weeks and I want to at least start getting used to the gameplay (every time I try, I just can't play for a long time because I get angry with how sluggish it is. That and tripping - "Haha! You fell for my bait! I'm gonna grab y~ face plant. And now I'm eating a smash, my reward for tricking you"). I don't know why, but I've gotten used to Peach. Of all the characters. I know, I know, not awful, but still. I guess she's quick enough on the ground to remind me of melee, in initial dash speed or something, I dunno (that and one of the only real "techniques" you can use with her, the shield boost thing where you throw a turnip - it makes it feel like I'm actually doing something - I can't stop l-cancelling every damn aerial and I still want to wavedash). I'll play toon link occasionally, but I'm not too familiar with him yet, though I do like him and will probably use both in the tourney.

The transition has been difficult for me from melee to brawl. Speaking of, I also played melee yesterday. And if felt SO right. I missed falco so damn much.

I feel your pain, brother. TLink is the closest thing I can find to a Melee feel in Brawl, since following up his projectile spam can lead to pseudo-combos.

I feel your pain, brother. TLink is the closest thing I can find to a Melee feel in Brawl, since following up his projectile spam can lead to pseudo-combos.

He's also fairly quick and maneuverable. And jeez, that's a beasty second jump. Though his dair moving him down? Argh I hate that. I want to spike THEM, not commit suicide, thank you.

I've personally found Brawl Falco to be very similar to Melee Falco - but then again, I played Melee Falco a lot differently than most players do.

Melee falco does not twirl and spin like brawl falco. If there were less "Look ma! I'mma dancer!!!" moves and more moves that could hit (i.e. his melee nair), he could fastfall after a laser, and he wasn't sluggish (though that could just be the new game engine and not have anything to do with him at all), then things would be different and I'd probably still play him.

Oh, do people still play online much anymore?

RE:

You know, I am going to label you one of the coolest people on OCR; you aren't full of shit, you don't spam, you're not pompous, and you have proven yourself to be intelligent.

So, from what you're saying, Peach is a pretty buggy character, mostly because of her range issues and need for smash power. Well, now that I have thought about it, the thing I hated most about Peach was her Brawl special.

And Salluz, your Peach advice pretty much amounted to "Here's how to play Peach for the very first time somewhat poorly."

What's your beef, my friend? I would ask that you give better advice, but since you're leaving the thread, farewell.

I'm still reeling from some of the challenges. I was only able to complete Target Smash level 1 in under fifteen seconds by watching a video on youtube and even then I still took three extra seconds over the vid because of poor execution.

Finishing anything--ANYTHING--on the Intense setting is going to be nothing short of a miracle, especially the boss battles..

On the other hand I seem to have figured out that you can trick the Alloy Fighters into suiciding in Cruel Brawl, but that damn Blue alloy fighter keeps using the Heel Kick before I can goad the essential fourth and fifth fighters into falling.

Patience and Perseverance. And Jigglypuff.

I hate jigglypuff. I know she not a total piece of shit but I still get the impression that someone at nintendo was either a flaming fag or put her in as a joke. I mean they replaced mewto but couldnt think of anything better than jiggly?

they cood hav put cloud in soopr smash bros hehe

You know, I am going to label you one of the coolest people on OCR; you aren't full of shit, you don't spam, you're not pompous, and you have proven yourself to be intelligent.

So, from what you're saying, Peach is a pretty buggy character, mostly because of her range issues and need for smash power. Well, now that I have thought about it, the thing I hated most about Peach was her Brawl special.

What's your beef, my friend? I would ask that you give better advice, but since you're leaving the thread, farewell.

god

shut up

edit: jam play me when you can im interested in seeing how my luigi is stacking up

hopefully it wont be a 70/30 massacre like last time :)

I don't have beef with anybody. Your advice, though I see it was with good intentions, is really just the basics of Peach and nothing that would significantly help anybody to be any better than average. I'm still around but I'm basically done with all the "Yes I'm so good at this game" stuff, which is a lot of it.

I don't have beef with anybody. Your advice, though I see it was with good intentions, is really just the basics of Peach and nothing that would significantly help anybody to be any better than average. I'm still around but I'm basically done with all the "Yes I'm so good at this game" stuff, which is a lot of it.

Ah, ok, that's fine.

@ Zombie: we should play sometime.

Lets do it. 1977-0309-8655

I will prepare to get slaughtered. :D

there should be an ocr online tourney

There was one a while back. I wasn't able to participate because of my internet at the time, but would have loved to. I'm not sure if the tourney even finished or not though...

There was one a while back. I wasn't able to participate because of my internet at the time, but would have loved to. I'm not sure if the tourney even finished or not though...

We should do it again. You people are my only friends other than level 9s.

the time has come