Super Smash Bros Brawl

Arek the Absolute

Jam, what is Lucario's chain grab? I know if you're facing a noob, you can chain his side-b (which I do regularly against my friends), but against anyone who knows how to DI, it's not very effective.

Grab-release chaingrab on certain characters at low percentages. I'm not exactly sure who it works on though.

Also, I was going to post that, Red Shadow! I might do it as well. It's free, so why not?

after playing bleck and atma i need to really play you jam

i think the ladder is about to be changed around a bit if what i am thinking about is true

So will Bleck be the new Balrog of the bunch with Arek and Jam still as Vega and Sagat?

I don't think I care enough about Brawl to take part in any tournaments anymore.

Hey Arek that was pretty good. I actually needed to use some of my better characters to win instead of just SONIC. Also I gotta stop trying to attack you while you just up tilt me. Luigi's up tilt's somehow eats through EVERYTHING.

DI up. The only way to get out of that shit :3 Trying to attack me back only works *from what I experienced when I spam it at tournies* if you are mario who has an equally annoying nair as Luigi's.

I am also trying to seriously cut back on the up tilting. I hope I didn't do it too much on the later matches.

sidenote: OMG PEACH

awesome sidenote: i totally up b'd a bobomb

the only chain grab that takes any remote kind of practice, if you will, is all the fun shit you can do with the ice climbers

Y'know, that reminds me, I have a hard time grabbing characters like Marth/Ike; their swords! Too much reach! Slapping you across the stage from across the stage! Okay, 'cuz I have been playing against the hardest(Marth/Roy) on Melee for a while; other people use 'em to death, but that's because they kick ass.

I should be getting a Wii very soon, now that I'm going to get hired (finally)

[/livejournal]

Roy definitely does not kick ass.

Just practice perfect shielding. There's zero shield-stun after a perfect shield, so you can shield-grab them immediately afterward.

EDIT- Also, if anyone wants to play, I'm getting online now. But I may drop suddenly, so be warned. I'll be back on later if that's the case.

great matches jam

seriously

good times

Yes sir, those were really, really good. You make me feel bad about my Zamus... :(

Haha, and that jab => grab is really effective. Good stuff sir, good stuff. You will make a fine Sagat.

I'm trading in my copy of Brawl today. All my ranting has finally come to fruition. I've flirted with trading it in before, but my wife always said no, that I'd regret it. Well, we don't even play Brawl together anymore, and the last time we talked about it, she said, "Sure, why not?" So Brawl is gone, so I can pick up Disgaea DS.

So from this point on, my posts will pretty much be Melee-related, although I'll try to keep up with developments in Brawl's metagame (or lack thereof). I'll still try to help you guys out if you have questions, since even though I don't like playing Brawl, for some reason I like reading about it. Just double-check everything I say and take it with a grain of salt, seeing as how I will no longer have the game.

Yes sir, those were really, really good. You make me feel bad about my Zamus... :(

Haha, and that jab => grab is really effective. Good stuff sir, good stuff. You will make a fine Sagat.

I'm trading in my copy of Brawl today. All my ranting has finally come to fruition. I've flirted with trading it in before, but my wife always said no, that I'd regret it. Well, we don't even play Brawl together anymore, and the last time we talked about it, she said, "Sure, why not?" So Brawl is gone, so I can pick up Disgaea DS.

So from this point on, my posts will pretty much be Melee-related, although I'll try to keep up with developments in Brawl's metagame (or lack thereof). I'll still try to help you guys out if you have questions, since even though I don't like playing Brawl, for some reason I like reading about it. Just double-check everything I say and take it with a grain of salt, seeing as how I will no longer have the game.

:(

Won't be the same without you Jam.

I am happy to know I did give you a good few last matches for ya.

Hopefully you get brawl again someday so we can play some more.

I haven't played brawl in ages. Honestly, I just haven't found it to be nearly as much fun as melee.

It could possibly be because you played Melee so much. While the leap between the original and Melee was greatly significant, turning a simple, imbalanced fighter into a more strategic, fast-paced fighter, the leap between Melee and Brawl wasn't nearly as far. Add on the fact that you've been playing Melee for nearly seven years and it's easy to see why you'd be tired of it.

I still like playing once and a while, playing music from my iPod, playing maybe one match with every character, then shutting it off. Sometimes I go back to Subspace just for the hell of it, but it's definitely lost something. And I didn't even play Melee as much as some of you guys.