Super Smash Bros Brawl

Arek the Absolute

Oh. My. God.

If anyone here can beat PC Chris, I will eat my hat.*

*Meaning I won't be eating any hats anytime soon.

Get that hat ready, boy!

Seriously though, Salluz: You suck. Alot. But that's okay, we ALL really sucked at one point or another. Don't take it as a personal attack, because it's not. It's simply a statement of facts. Objectively, that's probably one of the worst videos of a Ness I've ever seen, and your Peach post demonstrates that you want to understand the game and build constructively on that knowledge, but you're a long way from being at that point.

What Arek, G-T (and Atma, LOL) and I are trying to get you to understand is that you must first know what you are talking about before you can tell it to someone else. Like I said, I'm no expert at this game; everything I say is readily available in several publicly accessible places on the internet. READ THEM. Instead of uploading your videos, ask where you can find good videos to emulate good habits. Do you know what a double-jump cancel is? If so, why didn't you do it a single time as Ness?

It's a corny cliche, but before you can get better, you have to admit how terrible you are. I don't mean you personally, I mean "you" in the general sense. Check out this post by Mew2King from 2002 (note: if you can't tell why this is a hilariously bad post, then you're nowhere near ready):

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=350328&postcount=1

If Mew2King had maintained that attitude, he would not be the best player in the world right now. He had a losing attitude back then, and had to admit that and then work hard to get better. We've all had to do that, and have had varying degrees of success to be sure, but we're all better than we used to be. There is no possible way ever that you could ever hope to beat PC in a match. Ever.

That's your starting point.

Yes, I learn form others, which is why I asked everyone for vids.

There is no possible way ever that you could ever hope to beat PC in a match.
I never said that I could, and no, I'm not bitching.
Seriously though, Salluz: You suck. Alot. But that's okay, we ALL really sucked at one point or another. Don't take it as a personal attack, because it's not. It's simply a statement of facts. Objectively, that's probably one of the worst videos of a Ness I've ever seen, and your Peach post demonstrates that you want to understand the game and build constructively on that knowledge, but you're a long way from being at that point.

I'm not bothered, considering that I am out-of-touch. Still, I am not a newbie, for I have been constantly playing since 2005. I know some of the terminology, and yes, I suck hard with Ness.

New vid (let me know if it's still processing).

As aforementioned, I am not that good with team Melee/Brawl. I will begin a one-on-one now.

Get that hat ready, boy!

What Arek, G-T (and Atma, LOL) and I are trying to get you to understand is that you must first know what you are talking about before you can tell it to someone else. Like I said, I'm no expert at this game; everything I say is readily available in several publicly accessible places on the internet. READ THEM. Instead of uploading your videos, ask where you can find good videos to emulate good habits. Do you know what a double-jump cancel is? If so, why didn't you do it a single time as Ness?

It's a corny cliche, but before you can get better, you have to admit how terrible you are. I don't mean you personally, I mean "you" in the general sense. Check out this post by Mew2King from 2002 (note: if you can't tell why this is a hilariously bad post, then you're nowhere near ready):

If Mew2King had maintained that attitude, he would not be the best player in the world right now. He had a losing attitude back then, and had to admit that and then work hard to get better. We've all had to do that, and have had varying degrees of success to be sure, but we're all better than we used to be. There is no possible way ever that you could ever hope to beat PC in a match. Ever.

This.

Probably how I should have said it to begin with. I'm not exactly cheerful when I have to go to work at 6 AM while being sick. With that aside I think I should stop posting like I care about Brawl, because, for those that don't know, Jam and myself don't even like this game anymore on a competitive level. I think the only decent player here that still likes this game is Arek.

I'm taking a FAT nap so I'm not nearly as cranky.

And look how far he has come. (Mew2King is marth) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXWfubQPwB4&feature=related

Yes, I will find any excuse to post good melee videos.

<M2K's post>

Ahahahaha. If I didn't see the date, I would have thought he started that thread because of a recent surge of noobs asking dumb questions and posting very-well-known facts about melee and not because he was actually posting that. Hell, I STILL read that entire post as sarcasm.

salluz arek jam get a chat room godammit

who here have accounts on smashboards, and what are you usernames? I just joined, Ive been watching videos like crazy, i think ive gotten better without actually playing the game.

Well, what did you think of my second vid? The Sheik vs Luigi one?

who here have accounts on smashboards, and what are you usernames? I just joined, Ive been watching videos like crazy, i think ive gotten better without actually playing the game.

Mine's the same there as it is here. But I haven't posted in a long damn time. Most of it is in the Roy boards (or what became the Roy boards before there were char-specific boards), funny enough, because I liked Roy (myself and MookieRah would talk over AIM to how to bring Roy to his most-apt mid-tier position skill :P) and did a lot to educate others (both "ROY IS AWESOME HE HAS TEH FIRE!!" and "ROY SUCKS").

Well, what did you think of my second vid? The Sheik vs Luigi one?

I was never good at melee, but I'll tell you what i can. you need to short hop more, if your having trouble with that just sit down for like an hour and practice nailing a short hop then regular jump over and over. next, stop using shiek, she is a god in melee and those two hit ground to air combos were nothing special. youve got the basics down and are ready to move on, so just watch videos upon videos, i suggest smashboards for those, to get better. or just play brawl

Whoever did this... nuts...

My youngest brother and I:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITTxpbx9loA

^He won by a hair (edit). I was bullshittin', shooting missiles to keep him distant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEh3rbfSfCw

^"Tie"; bullshit deaths, as I call them. We're too cool to take causeless falls as victories, lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKTz4Dy43W4

^Kirby vs Ness: I win.

you need to stop practicing on the temple

it will do you no good at all except practicing roof wall teching but seriously stop

go to fd and spend like an hour practicing wave dashing

dont question just do it

also your ness needs a whole lot of work

you leave way too many windows open to attack where yyou just stand there

google video/youtube simna if you want to see an insane ness

it will take you a long long time to be on par with him but if you practice and dont take what we say in stride then you may just get there

aka me extending the olive branch so TAKE IT

And if you want to practice l-cancelling (and by if I mean when), do the home-run contest. Seriously. That's how I learned. http://www.folderol.net/HRCguide.php Practice, practice and more practice. It's impossible for me to not l-cancel now.

Jam: Mookie actually came down to NC once and I got to meet him. Have a Roy chat and some dittos. It was pretty sweet. After we couldn't come up with any new Roy stuff (hell, we tried to come up with Roy spike combos - haha yeah we didn't get far with the dair), he moved onto Mewtwo. After a while of losing, he switched to Marth and instantly started winning. Oh Mewtwo, how you suck.

This is the greatest Roy spike you'll ever see. It perfectly captures the failure of Roy:

I used to be a Roy main when I first started going to tournaments. I actually won a couple of matches with him, but God he's so terrible. You only main Roy if you like losing and PHIRE!!1!

what the hell happened there!?

Marth meteor-canceled Roy's dair, and made it back. Roy, a fastfaller, was doomed the moment he went for the meteor smash.

Or in other words, Roy got Roy'd. That's what happens when you try to get a kill WITHOUT PHIRE.

PHIRE B GUD 4 GROOPIE! No, really, Marth and Roy are practical destroyers. Their weaknesses hardly matter at all (unless they're going against someone with strong enough of an advantage when used right). The problems usually arise when they need hang time, but their swords make up for that. Using them is somewhat like combining Link and Sheik (with Peach's defense, minus her aerial advantage). I'll have to use Marth/Roy again in order to see how quickly they recover from B-Up. Of course they're left vulnerable when they miscalculate the timing of B-Down.

Even though Marth and Roy make fights easier, that can only be so when they're used correctly. Use them wrong and ROFL! Especially Mr. "Roy's our boy". PHIRE, lol.