Super Smash Bros Brawl

Arek the Absolute

HideousBeing didn't win any matches just now but I will put money down he can beat most of you guys. As to clarify about me being on Smashboards, I wouldn't go out of your way to find me. I don't really care too much about the Smash community. I don't even go to tournaments or any of that, so reading about tournaments and stuff is kind of pointless to me.

Not shabby, but I just spent the whole time reading all your moves.

I noticed. Being campy is quite rewarding in Brawl. I try to employ it as much as possible without being predictable.

Sorry, I just stumbled across this thread... do you guys play online or something? cause i just got a wii with brawl and would love to play =)

From the sound of it, you seem qualified to challenge Salluz.

HideousBeing didn't win any matches just now but I will put money down he can beat most of you guys.

Aww. Thanks!

As to clarify about me being on Smashboards, I wouldn't go out of your way to find me. I don't really care too much about the Smash community. I don't even go to tournaments or any of that, so reading about tournaments and stuff is kind of pointless to me.

Alright. I was only curious if you were some big name who used a different name for OCR. I was half expecting, "Yeah, I'm Eggz on SWF."

P.S. There is. I've seen videos of someone dropping through the platform on Smashville and shortly after falling through, they went into a tumbling animation AND THEY WERE UNABLE TO GET OUT OF IT AND THEY FELL OFF THE SCREEN. It's a rare occurrence though so it's no big deal.

I didnt realize nintendo had incorporated such fail into their game. arent there awards for that sort of thing?

I didnt realize nintendo had incorporated such fail into their game. arent there awards for that sort of thing?

I think it's more of a glitch and less of a ..."feature." And by feature I mean how much of a feature regular tripping is. As far as I've found, it isn't easily replicated, so I think it's more of a glitch. ...of course, that could also be me hoping it's a glitch and that it wasn't intended.

I have the worst luck sometimes, damnit. I was peach playing against a lucas in a tournament. I go to pick up a turnip. She reaches down, it makes the little "you picked up a turnip" sound, and I just saw something black. And by just, I mean that the lucas did a pk fire and I was just within range. I didn't even see the bomb she picked up because that pk fire blew it up before it was completely out of the ground.

Yep, I lost a stock. I also lost a stock at 13% on Lylat Cruise during the tournament. I forget how though. I do remember it was a gimp and I was very upset about it.

At my schools weekly lan event, someone got a hold of the Brawl-SD hack with l-cancelling and everything, so I tried it out. I must say it was pretty cool being able to not get completely raped for attacking with Ganondorf. I still sucked, but that's just because I'm bad at brawl. It was pretty funny though, just spamming Ganon's fair when people aren't used to it.

Then I went back to melee

Going back to Melee after playing brawl for six months was REALLY AWKWARD for me at first. Check it:

Me (Ganon) vs friend (Dr.Mario)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJEmvnNNLms

I get caped THREE TIMES! Auto-sweetspotting has spoiled me and now I have to relearn the timing to sweetspot properly. Also in other matches, I kept using Ganon/Falcon's side-B for recovery, which is NOT worth it in melee.

Me (Link) vs friend (YL)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7-s_Iws6vc

Part of me is happy i'm still able to l-cancel, otherwise i'm still ehhh. Part of me is still bitter that Link, my main in every smash game, has been and apparently always will be horrible in any every smash game. I'm not even that much into LOZ like that, I just like Link's playstyle.

Anyway brawl is still fun but yay melee.

The other thing I sometimes forget is that you can't grab the ledge facing backwards. I've never actually tried hugging in melee, I just forget I don't have some luxuries, like canceling a failed, outwards facing upB with Marth by DIing toward the ledge and grabbing it. I end up doing the upB, forcing a vulnerable landing and getting punished.

Part of me is still bitter that Link, my main in every smash game, has been and apparently always will be horrible in any every smash game.

Yeah, I had this problem too. Though thankfully Toon Link in Brawl ends up being a lot of fun to play with, though I tend to stick pretty heavily with Sonic. If that doesn't say I play casually with casually-minded friends, I don't know what does. XD

I stick to Sonic heavily I just don't think he's fast enough in brawl.

It's kinda hard for me to learn anyone else, except Meta Knight.

I guess I like characters that attack fast and hard.

Heh, what am I saying, that's adrenaline speaking out of slow-motion.

Nice match by the way.

In melee I just kick ass with Samus.

I stick to Sonic heavily I just don't think he's fast enough in brawl.

It's kinda hard for me to learn anyone else, except Meta Knight.

I guess I like characters that attack fast and hard.

Heh, what am I saying, that's adrenaline speaking out of slow-motion.

Nice match by the way.

In melee I just kick ass with Samus.

Kinda' why I prefer Sheik and Samus (though Samus in her suit isn't a speed demon). MetaKnight was my first used character in Brawl the day it came out). One of my faves for a given reason: speed, be it attacking or running.

Silent Mike, your D-air with Ganondorf that put Mario in hell was tight, especially since it was over the cliff.