Super Smash Bros Brawl

Arek the Absolute

Anyone up for some Brawl?

You know, I tried playing online, and I have to say, I hate it. It took forever for it to find a match, and I just didn't really care to play it ever again online.

That goes for mario kart wii as well. Absolutely worthless battle mode. I wish I could play Mario Kart 64 online, or at least the Super NES one (I know the latter is possible on ZSNES, I just prefer not to fool with going through that).

Oh man, Battle in MK Wii is the worst thing ever. But other than that, MK Wii owns Brawl's online by leaps and bounds.

OH YEAH. Rather than delaying input on both ends as far as character movement, the lag takes effect in the items and their effects. You won't see an item like a laid peel by another player in front of you until it's too late. The mindgame potential is huge, lol. In fact, basically the only thing you see in real time is yourself.

The other players sometimes briefly desync, and you see them fly off the side, only to appear back on the track again. Or you'll shoot a green shell, watch it go right through the other guy, and then in a second, they're right in front of you, stopped, and you just bash them out of the way.

The point system is so frustrating though. You gain 10 points per placement at high point amounts for dozens of races, and then get gimped on Mushroom Gorge and lose some 350 points. I think of sworn aloud at the computer playing that game. It's just one of those...

It's just great to have no lag in controlling your character, though.

Edit: Sure Glenn. FC? Mine's 3308 4269 0829. Edit your post please, I'd prefer we don't cramp the thread with matchmaking. They should make a matchmaking thread.

Edit 2: Added you. I'm waiting online now.

Edit 3: Sorry man. That lag was unforgivable. I can't play like that. You could have pulled out a falcon punch and I wouldn't have had time to react under the lag. gg's

I'm pretty much available from here on out. I'll be hosting a room for a bit, then breaking for lunch, then coming back. So first come first serve. I'm shutting the room out after someone joins.

By the way, setting up these games would be so much easier if we were doing it in real-time... i.e. chat/IM as opposed to POSTS.

I'm pretty much available from here on out. I'll be hosting a room for a bit, then breaking for lunch, then coming back. So first come first serve. I'm shutting the room out after someone joins.

By the way, setting up these games would be so much easier if we were doing it in real-time... i.e. chat/IM as opposed to POSTS.

yeah im kind of sick of hearing omg lets play aww you beat me when I know I cant join in because I dont have a wee

Well there IS an irc channel for this exact purpose called #clanocr on the enterthegame server. You guys should totally jump in!

It's what atma would want

I would totally play some Smash but I'm currently stuck with my college's terrible wireless connection. Working on getting that remedied though.

GG HideousBeing. You beat my bad characters a few times. That's better than most around these parts! I hope you didn't take offense to what I did at the end with Game & Watch. I was just giving you some feedback about your rolling out of the grabs. I just predicted where you were going and just kept grabbing the heck out of you. So maybe you can work on being... less predictable? :)

P.S. Getting hit with Wario's forward smash WHEN HE'S GOING THE WRONG WAY is complete BS. >:[

GG HideousBeing. You beat my bad characters a few times. That's better than most around these parts! I hope you didn't take offense to what I did at the end with Game & Watch. I was just giving you some feedback about your rolling out of the grabs. I just predicted where you were going and just kept grabbing the heck out of you. So maybe you can work on being... less predictable? :)

P.S. Getting hit with Wario's forward smash WHEN HE'S GOING THE WRONG WAY is complete BS. >:[

About G&W, none taken at all. I know about the whole scrub philosophy and despise it when someone cries cheap. I wouldn't be caught dead doing it myself. If something simple works, use it. What is they say? I think the line is, "Cheep is a scrub's term for 'efficient.'" I used to run after school events at my high school, where I made sure no one used the "c word."

About Wario's fsmash, I do that on purpose. If he's interpenetrating with them, he'll hit them, even if he goes the other way. It's safer, because in a lot of cases, I can avoid punishment if I miss. Don't think I was missing or anything. That... isn't easy to do, since I use the C-stick. Seriously. Every time I fsmashed, the direction I did it in was intended.

Edit: One more thing. Do you have a main? Who would you play in a tournament?

About G&W, none taken at all. I know about the whole scrub philosophy and despise it when someone cries cheap. I wouldn't be caught dead doing it myself. If something simple works, use it. What is they say? I think the line is, "Cheep is a scrub's term for 'efficient.'" I used to run after school events at my high school, where I made sure no one used the "c word."

About Wario's fsmash, I do that on purpose. If he's interpenetrating with them, he'll hit them, even if he goes the other way. It's safer, because in a lot of cases, I can avoid punishment if I miss. Don't think I was missing or anything. That... isn't easy to do, since I use the C-stick. Seriously. Every time I fsmashed, the direction I did it in was intended.

Edit: One more thing. Do you have a main? Who would you play in a tournament?

A main? Uh. Hmmm... I don't think I've played him yet. Though you've seen my alternate mains (Ganondorf, Peach, and IC). :)

And I know you were most likely doing the reverse fsmash thing on purpose because you did it a lot. IT DOESN'T CHANGE THE FACT THAT I SHOULDN'T BE HIT WITH IT. >:[ >:[ >:[ >:[ >:[

Sorry, G-T. We tried testing our connection with another person on campus, and the lag was horrible. Completely unplayable. It might be better on a different evening (Friday evenings seem to be the "play games before heading out to parties" night, and it somewhat slows our network).

Anyway, myself and my friend played a few rounds and I recorded them. Here's the first two I've gotten uploaded. The quality is pretty bad, I'll admit; can't get much better on a camera with video as a secondary concern. My tag is JASON, my friend JAM.

The guy talking with the really annoying voice is me, unfortunately. These aren't my best matches, but they're a decent representation of what I'm capable - and not capable - of.

Have at it, ye people of greater skill.

1805-2043-5497 in case you don't have my FC, just TELL ME IF YOU ADD ME.

Also someone talk to me on AIM or something. I'm fiercely bored in the Online Practice Room.

OK, one of my friends finally responded. You should get some feedback from Mario. Ok, let me see if I can recommend you to one of my close friends. Edit: just sent "Boom" a message. He's supposed to be one of the best folks I know IRL.

Edit 2: Mario says that his Brawl code is 2406-4837-0712. I let him know that he should contact you first and to practice, lol.