Super Smash Bros Brawl

Arek the Absolute

gentlemen?

reviving an old thread. got a vid of my peach online finally! it's not very good (i love fullhopping aerials, for whatever reason) and this peach is only a week or two old, but it's not a bad match!

by the way, i ended up winning the tourney :x

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RochPfA4VUk

please don't snoop around for the other videos--i pulled out DDD after this match and i played very, very poorly. like, i don't even know how i won poorly. the ZSS player is very, very good at spacing, so i had to rely on barebone tactics to win. it worked, but the videos are hardly flattering.

• 4 weeks later...
Because it sucks, but for some self-hating reason, I've been really wanting to play it again.

I love the competition and character selection. Haven't played it since last year so I know I'm not as good. It's not exactly like Melee (as aforementioned), which I own. I won't be talking shit about it, regardless of skill level.

Admission is the first step toward solving the problem, Jam. XDD

It's been awhile since I put this game in. Mostly because my Wii stopped reading the disc for some reason. It worked fine for a long time, then it slowly became more difficult to get the game booted up. My Wii runs every other game just fine, but it's first-gen, and I haven't gotten a chance to test the disc on another Wii. Could it be the dual-layer disc issue, or do you think my Brawl Disc could be shot?

I finally got my own Wii for Christmas, along with Brawl, so I've been practicing. I'd be like "let's play online guys!" right now if it weren't for the fact that I don't have a router to connect to here in my dorm.

I tried playing online when I was home, though, and... yeah. It sucks.

Who are your characters?

Who are your characters?

I have quite a few I use fairly regularly. I do focus on some more than others, though, when I'm playing against one of the guys in my dorm. I'll list them in order of current focus on learning:

Lucario, Pokémon Trainer, Olimar, Wolf, Wario, R.O.B., Falco, Marth, Link, ZSS, Ike, Pikachu, Ganondorf, Bowser

Lucario is the only one I can really consider a "main" at the moment. Possibly Wolf in the near future, but I'm not sure about that. I'm really trying to get PT and Olimar as mains, though; currently working on learning Olimar's moves.

So yeah, y'know how I mentioned in my last post that I've been trying to learn Olimar? Well, I've been playing a bit today and I'm finding that I like his playstyle a bit. It's a tad odd (what with the Pikmin and all) and I haven't yet gotten to the point where I can keep track of what Pikmin I have and what order they're in, but I'm liking it so far. Does anyone have some tips on how to use Olimar effectively?