Super Smash Bros Brawl

Arek the Absolute

Ah yes brawl+ i've been thinking about having a go at that to see how things have changed/improved. Might even be able to get my brother to play it again due to that no random tripping code.

if you have the means to enable brawl+ you can just turn off tripping anyway. that is to say, you can take out tripping in REGULAR brawl with the right codes. i have two codesets: one for brawl (which basically only eliminates tripping, removes the replay time limit and such) and the codeset for B+

yes, falcon is overpowered, but it's only because with the hitstun in the game (which is a bit too high right now and it makes combos too easy, they're working on it now), falcon can follow up on absolutely any move he puts out. they spent a lot of time making him better, i'd imagine. the knee is back to the way it was long ago, as is rest. rest makes me really happy, since i played jiggly in melee.

his priority is still balls, but that doesn't matter any when you're as absurdly fast as he is.

Hm, I haven't heard of Brawl+, and I play Brawl in the Ontario Smash scene, lol...

And yeah, there's nothing wrong with playing games competitively, at least in my mind. Although, even though I'll do smaller bi-weeklies and sometimes tournanments and stuff, my main goal's still just to have fun. Mind you, it's a lot more fun to win than it is to lose .:razz:

Why would you ever want to turn video games into a job.

"Do what you love for a living and you'll never work a day in your life."

Not saying I agree with all this ridiculous tourney competitiveness crap over a party game, but, y'know... To each their own.

It's possible to play competitively without taking it seriously.

Well for some people anyway...

my friends and i are like this. we play 1v1, no items, fox only and on neutral stages, but we don't have the time, money or desire to go to every single tournament in the smash scene. there are some people that literally dedicate their lives to it and i just...can't see how. i have school, a job and a girlfriend who all take precedence, these guys are going to tourneys literally every single weekend.

we go to tourneys every once in a while, about two or three a year. i place alright at most of them (33 out of about 100, 3rd in my pool which had fucking MEW2KING and KORN and K-9 in it) but i just can't put any more time or energy into it than i already am, you know? i play other games. i don't just wanna play smash for the rest of my life.

Why would you ever want to turn video games into a job.

I hear Professional VG testers get payed some good money just for playing and critically reviewing Video Games. Sounds like a dream-job to me!

And I agree with Thalzon's quote- "Do what you love for a living and you'll never work a day in your life."

I hear Professional VG testers get payed some good money just for playing and critically reviewing Video Games. Sounds like a dream-job to me!

And I agree with Thalzon's quote- "Do what you love for a living and you'll never work a day in your life."

Paid some good money? Maybe like if you consider $9-12/hr (though $12 is incredibly rare) good then I guess so yea.

So uh are people still playing online or what? Arek and I haven't played anyone from here in awhile.

"If you want to enjoy the soup, stay out of the kitchen."

True, in a sense. But not for playing games professionally. That's more for making games and being a designer. Designing videogames takes some of the magic of the medium right out, but that's true with anything.

Playing games professionally is more like glurging yourself on the soup and drinking every last drop of it.

Paid some good money? Maybe like if you consider $9-12/hr (though $12 is incredibly rare) good then I guess so yea.

Try reading the next few words.

"[...] just for playing and critically reviewing video games"

Now if it was construction work or something strenuous that's a different story but playing video games and making money doing... I'd take whatever pay they give me!

Playing Games professionally is more like glurging yourself on the soup and drinking every last drop of it.

Couldn't've said it better myself!