Super Smash Bros Brawl

Arek the Absolute

I wonder if people are starting to use Ventrilo for SSBB. I heard about a few games that did in Gamefaqs threads.

Which is really, really ironic since Nintendo didn't even want to go there. But how else is one supposed to communicate mid-match?

i plan on it

well i use skype so probably that

the random match online is absolutely terrible

i havent actually played one but how we thought it was going to work is how it works

you pick a dude and can ONLY do 2 minute times matches against random fags but you get to do it WITH LAG

so yeah just play AI

If four people who are good at Brawl play together in a random online matchup, none of them will die within 2 minutes... and eventually all the good players will stop playing that mode, leaving only newer players. So instead of multiple online tiers or skill levels, there's just one tier: beginners with 2-minute attention spans who don't care about lag. I've played a few PC games where the online mode is overrun by that denomination... it's not pretty.

Tonight's Dojo update has a whole bunch of little tricks and stuff, including:

<Breaking Reflectors>

・Mario’s Cape

・Fox’s Reflector

・Pit’s Angel Ring and Mirror Shield

・Zelda’s Naryu’s Love

...And so on. All these moves have the ability to reflect incoming projectiles back at your opponent. When you use one of these to send back an attack, it actually increases the damage that projectile does.

But if you and your opponent pump up a projectile’s damage too high, say by reflecting it back and forth...the projectile will become too powerful and break through your reflecting device.

technique10_080211j-l.jpg

You’ll take a heavily powered-up shot straight to the body, so you know it’s going to hurt.

Why.. WHY does Gannondorf not have a projectile and a reflector move?!?!! That's ALL HE DOES!!!

You realise it's been in every Smash Bros game?

It's a lot more prominent in Brawl. Both damage and knockback are decreased significantly with repeated use of every attack. In Melee only damage was decreased for A moves, while some B moves also suffered from decreased knockback. In Brawl, you actually have to "recharge" your moves which have been worn out by landing blows from other moves (not attacking thin air). The weaker a move gets, the easier it is to recharge.

It could become important in competitive smash. Unfortunately it looks like half my moves can't be Lightning Kick anymore D:

Unfortunately it looks like half my moves can't be Lightning Kick anymore D:

Heh, one of my friends loves to use that move on us. Thankfully he doesn't really use any of Zelda's other moves so we've learned to adapt.

But yeah, this looks alright - I wonder if the potency of a move goes down if you alternate between two moves ONLY, like I used to do with Peach's Down+A and aerial Back+A before I learned that she had other moves that worked :tomatoface:

Atma, you know?

No, it's different. As far as I know, Ukemi is recovery from getting hit and L-canceling is recovery from attacking.

Yes it has been, it even says so in the update. "I believe some will find this technique to be slightly less important than it was in the previous game."

Isn't it just referring to the ground-recovery though? I've never seen somebody recover from a wall or ceiling in the previous SSBs. Is there a video of this somewhere?

No, it's different. As far as I know, Ukemi is recovery from getting hit and L-canceling is recovery from attacking.

Isn't it just referring to the ground-recovery though? I've never seen somebody recover from a wall or ceiling in the previous SSBs. Is there a video of this somewhere?

You couldn't do it in SSB64, but you could in SSBM.