Super Smash Bros Brawl

Arek the Absolute

I think it's incredible how they made pretty much every character usable. Each one has at least one decent kill move that's feasible to use this time. They brought down the top characters and upped the lowest, but made everyone cooler like, by 10x. I was scared Marth & Falco would be too overpowered still, but it seems like it won't be too bad. Plenty of the slower characters are way stronger than they are, anyway. Ike & Ganondorf are so freakin' deadly... it can only be described as sexy.

It's gonna be hard as hell to pick a character to get good with. I might go with DK just because everyone else hardly ever plays as him :?

I think it's incredible how they made pretty much every character usable. Each one has at least one decent kill move that's feasible to use this time. They brought down the top characters and upped the lowest, but made everyone cooler like, by 10x.

It's gonna be hard as hell to pick a characterto get good with. I might go with DK just because no one else hardly plays as him :?

even someone as good as gt cant make dk great in this one

Oh hey quick question, do Captain Falcon and Shiek still do that weird thing when they smash forward with items? Like Falcon kinda stabbing then bringing the item up?

Surprisingly, you're the first person I've seen ask this, even on smashboards... I have no idea.

@ atma: I saw a video of DK and his back air is so freakin' fast, he got off 3 in one jump. It was nuts.

Oh hey quick question, do Captain Falcon and Shiek still do that weird thing when they smash forward with items? Like Falcon kinda stabbing then bringing the item up?
Surprisingly, you're the first person I've seen ask this, even on smashboards... I have no idea.

Really? Weird.

Can atma or someone with the game do a quick check?

I got to play Brawl yesterday. It was great in its own strange way. Those of you who've already played obviously know this. I think the change that freaked me out the most is that you can't really crouch cancel anymore, so I couldn't get downsmashes with Peach to work as easily as I used to.

I love the color schemes on some of the characters, too. Like iced-out bowser, white haired ganon, and Peach in a red dress. So stylish.

I forgot to ask. But what does GDC have to do with you not going to the tournament? You're not even going to GDC.

Coverage, of course. Since the GDC is happening around that time, why would anyone not pass up the opportunity to play the most hyped up game of the year.

I wouldn't doubt that most who are attending the GDC would love to touch the game. This will make the attendance at least twice as big as the LA one, which had their lines full around 10 AM.

So, theres this rumor abound that Mewtoo and Roy will be included in the American release, which is why there is a delay, and will be downloadable content for Japanese owners.

I sincerely doubt it, since we would have heard something by now, but if they finally put DLC to good use, I will be a happy man.

The disk is dual layered, so I could see their point, but I don't think Nintnedo would have secretly added in a burn to disk function with no one finding out about it yet.

i heard about that rumor and i say it sounds very possible. and if it's not roy and mewtwo being added, maybe there is something else they're putting in which will be DLC for japan because there isn't really any other explanation for the US brawl getting delayed like a month while japan's delay was only like a week.

and white haired ganon is AWESOME. he looks like george washington. i like to do his upsmash and say "he'll kick you apart! he'll kick you apart! ooh!"

I could swear the best thing about SSBB is its maps. Frankly, most SSBM maps disappointed or were totally useless or at worse, plain annoying (Big Blue SSBM, Pokefloats).

Pictochat and Warioware maps just sound like a blast just to play in them. Not to mention the Luigi's Mansion featured in the dojo.

Pictochat

good

Warioware

absolutely terrible

Luigi's Mansion

only good after you destroy the house

it then becomes the best map, much better than final d

but then the house comes back

best maps are

lylat cruise

battlefield

final d

animal crossing thingy

japes with swimming

wind waker one

halberd

yoshis island

other ones have way too much stage interference

most new ones are much more annoying then big blue or pokefloats (which was manly) would ever be

I could swear the best thing about SSBB is its maps. Frankly, most SSBM maps disappointed or were totally useless or at worse, plain annoying (Big Blue SSBM, Pokefloats).

Pictochat and Warioware maps just sound like a blast just to play in them. Not to mention the Luigi's Mansion featured in the dojo.

and NOW his final smash makes a LITTLE more sense! he lives in a freakin' HAUNTED MANSION (As eluded to by the Dojo), so of course he's going to have some sort of weird, negativity type power thing.

Doesn't matter though, it still doesn't make much sense.

good

absolutely terrible

only good after you destroy the house

it then becomes the best map, much better than final d

but then the house comes back

best maps are

lylat cruise

battlefield

final d

animal crossing thingy

japes with swimming

wind waker one

halberd

yoshis island

other ones have way too much stage interference

most new ones are much more annoying then big blue or pokefloats (which was manly) would ever be

1203318510950ah4.gif

The only maps I like at a tourney level (And I played at a tournament Saturday night) are Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, and Smashville.

Battlefield and Smashville ledges are fair. FD and Lylat Cruise, have bad ledges that favor characters that don't get stuck under them. This particularly hurts me as a Wolf main. The Wind Waker map is awesome, but the cannonballs are too powerful for tournament play. Melee Corneria, Melee Onett, Shadow Moses Island have walls that some jabs can stick you to for a (perhaps) infinite combo (though I'd prefer to have the technique banned and the maps open).

Warioware without the minigames would be a fair stage. I'll probably build it.

Keep in mind this is just for tournament play. For friendly matches, I'll play any map. Norfair is a hell of a lot of fun, especially with the CD-unlocked Golden Sun music.

Bawww, I don't like interesting things, I only want flat boring crap because I can't handle anything random.

Skill at the game should be the only factor at a tournament. For friendly matches, bring it on. All stages, items if you want em. I find friendlies a hell of a lot of fun.