ClanOCR: Online Gaming Clan

Drack

I've decided to make a new thread for this, as the old one has a lot of outdated data and Arek and I have agreed that I'll be managing the top post.

Our online info is stored at the ClanOCR Database. (NEW URL as of January 2009) Please add your info here.

We've expanded from only storing Friend Codes and Wii Console Numbers to all kinds of online game information. You can add your Xbox Live gamertag or PSN name to the database. ClanOCR is meant to bring OCR people together for online gaming where the ingame matchmaking service is insufficient.

For setting up online games, we have an IRC chat. The Channel is #clanocr on irc.enterthegame.com. The easiest way to jump into the chat is to use the Chatzilla Firefox extention and go to irc://irc.enterthegame.com/clanocr. Alternatively, you can use a full-fledged IRC client like mIRC to connect to the chat.

Now that online matches for Super Smash Bros. Brawl are on the horizon, I'd like to invite OCR to our database and chats to organize matches against other OCR members. I feel that OCR can benefit from our infrastructure for this game in particular as I'm sure a lot of us will be playing it, and playing it online.

Let me know if you need a game added, or have any trouble with the database.

How are there only 3 other people on the PS3? You ALL better play CoD4.

I'm waiting until I have my new PC built to buy it for that. I considered buying it for the PS3, but if an FPS is available on the PC, that will always be my platform of choice. Mouse & keyboard stomp all over analog sticks.

I'm waiting until I have my new PC built to buy it for that. I considered buying it for the PS3, but if an FPS is available on the PC, that will always be my platform of choice. Mouse & keyboard stomp all over analog sticks.

LAME. You need some sort of future computer, from space, to run CoD4 respectably on a PC. Just get it on PS3 so I can shoot people with you.

Thanks for clearing that up Schwaltzvald. Since I'll be building a computer with an as yet undetermined (but undoubtedly bitchin') processor, 4 gigs of RAM, and at least a GeForce 7950 over the next few months, I'll wait for Call of Duty 4. A machine with that kind of power won't just run it respectably; it'll likely kick it in the balls and make it it's bitch.

If you ever want to play some Warhawk, Resistance, or Unreal Tournament 3 (about the only exception I've ever made to my buying an FPS on the PC rule) though DragonFireKai, then feel free to message me sometime.

the system requirements for CoD4

A couple of guys on here can't get cod4 to work,because their graphics cards are too old.

Here is what you need to run CoD4

What are the requirements to run COD4 on a PC?

Recommended requirements:

CPU: 2.4 GHz Dual Core or better

RAM: 1GB for XP and 2GB for Vista

HD: 8GB Free Space

GFX: 3.0 Shader Support, Nvidia Geforce 7800, ATI Radeon X1800 or better.

Minimum requirements:

CPU: Intel® Pentium® 4 2.4 GHz, AMD® Athlon™ 64 2800+ processor

or any 1.8Ghz Dual Core Processor or better.

RAM: 512MB RAM (768MB for Windows Vista)

HD: 8GB Free SPace

GFX: NVIDIA® Geforce™ 6600, ATI® Radeon® 9800Pro or better

I've played F.E.A.R. at a little above its system minimum requirements and it still played just as awesomely as it did at a friend's PC who exceeded it. He also plays CoD4 on a mid ranger system and plays just as good :)!!

Any chance of this database being updated for Steam ID's? Although I play some games online on my PS3, Steam games are where I do most of my multiplayer gaming. Wouldn't mind adding a few OCR folks to my friends list.

Excellent idea! The database now accepts SteamIDs.

There's a pretty good chance I'll get CoD4 soonish (as in within the next 2 months), and it'll be for either PC and PS3.

I'm a huge fan of keyboard and mouse though, so I think it's practically already decided. Plus my PC can run is respectably as an added bonus. The only trouble is, my Windows is broken and I really can't be bothered to fix it right now so if I break down and buy it then I'll have it for PS3.

I got a question, does clanOCR go into the realm of Steam? Like CS:S or some TF2, I think that would really be keen to play some OCR'ers in there.

EDIT: Ok, Never mind, I'm too damn lazy to read the 2 pages of stuff. Well, My Steam ID is unstablehamster. Oh and I'll be willing to play some COD4 once I bring my PS3 up to my apartment (I only allow myself 1 console in my apartment, for study purposes. I hate waiting for no more heroes in the mail D: )

Well, I'm gonna bump this to keep it up as well.

I doubt I would be able to talk to you guys on skype, my computer and Wii are in a different room =(.

On another note, does anyone want to play some PS3 Call of Duty 4 with me? Any time with me is alright.

Edit 2: I just found out about the OCR club in steam, so I'm gonna add you guys that I remember playing some Mario Kart with.

Edit: I try to get on to the IRC with ChatZilla, yet it says the connection times out every time I try. Any suggestions?