Xbox Live Subscriptions - Which to get?

PuRe-eViL

Okay so I'm going to be grabbing myself a 360 in a week or so, and I've been scoping out the Live subscriptions of which I've found 2.

One is a regular Live thing retailing for like 80ish AUD, the other is Live GOLD which costs more. The product descriptions don't make them seem different at all >_>;;

What's the difference between the 2? Are there more kinds of subscriptions? And which do you recommend for someone who just wants to play thingers online?

tyty.

Silver is free but you can't play most games online with it but you can browse the games, download demos and buy Xbox Live Arcade games.

Gold costs money, but you have full access to online play and features. Just go for it if your 360 is fully connected to the web and you want to play online.

Also, new thing: Silver users (that is, free subscription) now have to wait a week or demos, whereas gold users (that is, paid subscribers) get access to demos immediately.

Honestly, $50 a year isn't that much money in the long run, and it's worth it because the 360 is built for online play. Call of Duty 4 is only half as good without online multiplayer; same goes for Gears of War, Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom, and almost every game in the system's library.

It is shitty to have to pay for online play, but the quality and diversity of the service is worth the money IMO.

Yeap I got Gold about the time that I had the 360 setup xD

And considering that I used to pay about twice as much to play WoW, the price for Gold subscription isn't nearly as bad. Especially since I get to play pretty much all the games online.

Now I just need more games >_>;;