Mix Title T-Shirts Designs

DarkeSword

• 9 months later...

Honestly it's not really up to me. I just created this thread as a fun community project kind of thing. And let's really think about it here: how profitable can these shirts really be if we decide to make them? It's on thing to sell shirts with the OCR logo: that's iconic. These kinds of shirts, however, are a little more...esoteric. I'd buy two, maybe three, and maybe you'd buy one or two, but can we really justify getting these shirts made if there's not going to be much return?

If anyone out there is familiar with selling custom t-shirts, drop your two cents. It might be feasible to do a limited run, but honestly, I'm in no position to be making any kind of decision about how OCR spends its money. I'd like to stress that again: I'm not the guy who makes decisions about OCR's money.

Maybe it's possible that we can do some kind of outside community effort (via Cafepress or some other t-shirt site) and donate proceeds to OCR, without OCR spending any money. Aside from that, I have no ideas.

Maybe it's possible that we can do some kind of outside community effort (via Cafepress or some other t-shirt site) and donate proceeds to OCR, without OCR spending any money. Aside from that, I have no ideas.

That may be the best way to go as it will be posted for the world to see, maximizing your audience (also plugging for OCR). I wanted to go with CafePress for my own work but their copyright agreement was a little hazy so I chose Printfection (also free!) instead.

It would be a lot of work for whoever ran the "shop" and posted files no matter what company you choose, unless you could get artists to agree to submit appropriately formatted images. Still, I think it's a fun idea, particularly for those of us who may have better graphic skills than musical talent.

(Unfortunately, I would suspect that blatant use of copyrighted characters for cash would not be legal... Plus, who would decide what would get posted?)

but can we really justify getting these shirts made if there's not going to be much return?

If we could find a way to put OverClocked ReMix, OCR, ocremix.org or something on the shirt (maybe the top of the back side?) related to OCR, then wouldn't that help bring new people to the site? I mean, would you not be curious if you saw a guy with a shirt that depicted a girl tripping over an alligator, who was laughing? Or a guy walking into a party where's there are just skeletons with a sign saying "No Flesh Allowed"? Or even a hamburger made with neighbor in between two buns? I know it would certainly pique my interest/curiosity.

By return I mean monetary return. It's not financially feasible to print up a lot of shirts if they're going to go unsold or not really make us much money.

This is the beauty of an online vendor like CafePress or Printfection (click banner below), as there is no cost to the designer and all shipping/handling/processing is done by the vendor. You can set the "commission" per item as high as you like.

• 2 months later...