PRC113: A vacation without R and R, but with yo-yos (StarTropics)

Rexy

The People's Remix Competition 113

PRCv5-9

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition! Though we had a Spyro track as source material for PRC112, everything about it turned out to be less charcoaled and more "fruity", so to speak. I almost threatened to make lemonade for a low turnout, one of the entries was based on fighting in a giant fruit salad, and it was Hylian Lemon who made that track and secured the win there.

Continuing on with the citrus trend, PRC113 takes us back to the days of the NES. We've got a Zelda-esque title among tropical lands far away from urban civilisation, and if I mention that it came with an attached letter concerning a later part of the game, then I'm sure you'll pick up on what it is before you scroll down to the title screen...!

prc113.jpg

It's a really awesome game that plays sort of like The Legend of Zelda, but it holds my interest longer. I guess it's because the graphics have more variation and you get to kill stuff with a yo-yo (among other reasons).

Anyway. The village theme is probably my favorite unremixed song from there. I believe you first hear it in Miracola, where you have to save the banana girl.

StarTropics - Miracola

MIDI | MP3 | NSF (track 3)

He didn't have a MIDI provided, but I helped form one in time. It's so easy to make MIDIs out of anything that was made before 1995, honestly. But oh well...!

GOOD LUCK!

Fine Print:

PRC instructions

1. If you happen to be mixing this song already, start over in the interests of fairness.
  2. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 6MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed.
  3. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by NEXT SATURDAY, February 9th at 4:59 am Eastern US Time.
  4. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix.
  5. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  6. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.

Doulifée's PRC Archives! If you need help with hosting your mix, contact myself or Doulifée, and we'll help you out.

I will beat this game eventually. >.>

I'm thinking of doing a bonus entry this round. We'll see.

Advertising sigs:

3af61964.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/sawdead/3af61964.png

722ceec7.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/sawdead/722ceec7.png

I made two because of the VGMix sig limitations, but you can use either one here, of course.

And so Hylian Lemon works his magic again.

Welcome to PRC! I would say we're more excited to have you here than you are to be here, but that might start to sound like one of those "No, I love you more" conversations that ends in a breakup.

Ok, we're about as excited as you are. New faces make things a little more interesting around here.

You guys have over 9 hours left to get entries in. Those that still need to make haste should do so now :D

Word of warning though, the voting stage might start without me tomorrow, as at the time of the deadline I'd be out at the mall (Super Mario Galaxy will be MINE!!1) and it may be a couple of hours afterwards until I get back and set up the post here in the thread. Just thought I'd bring it up in advance.

Right, NOW we can move onto the mixing stage. To do so, you visit the ThaSauce link and cast your vote among the five entries there - picking out three and ranking them from first to third, with a reasoning alongside it. Contestants are encouraged to vote as they will gain 3 points for themselves upon doing so. The vote of PRC112's winner (Hylian Lemon) is doubled, so make sure you impress him. Due to ThaSauce's downtime, you will have until Tuesday, February 12th at 12 noon EST to cast your votes. The winner will get to choose the source material for PRC114!

Legibles

Alex Smith - Skanking in the Tropics

Chickenwarlord - Normal Pepsi

OneUp - House in a Bungalow

setokaibarocket - Tequila Sunlight

V___ (and his "roomie") - Calypso

Illegibles

Hylian Lemon - Miracola Mall