OCR00910 - Final Fantasy VII "On That Day..."

djpretzel

Agreeage. Calm, and whatnot. Mysterious and whatnot. Wonderful and whatnot. ;)

Nicely blended all the way around. Perfect dynamics. I think thats what makes it so immersive: The fact that its so well done. I find no fault whatsoever.

The mp3 encoder gets pissed off from the soaring strings, but thats not Russell's fault. Otherwise,

Bravo.

-Dale North

Final Fantasy VII is my favorite game of all time for many reasons.

One of those reasons, is this song, and the story it represents.

How 7 years ago ShinRa Energy and Power sent a troop of soldiers to the town of Nibelhiem to inspect the Makou reactor. This is the song that plays as Barrett, Tifa, Red XIII, and Aeris sit around listening to Cloud tell his story up in the hotel of calm. Russell Cox could not have picked a better, more emotional, more meaningful song to remix, and he couldn't have done a better job of arranging it if he was Uematsu himself.

Russell Cox. Man. Musician. Genius.

Final Fantasy VII is my favorite game of all time for many reasons.

One of those reasons, is this song, and the story it represents.

How 7 years ago ShinRa Energy and Power sent a troop of soldiers to the town of Nibelhiem to inspect the Makou reactor. This is the song that plays as Barrett, Tifa, Red XIII, and Aeris sit around listening to Cloud tell his story up in the hotel of calm. Russell Cox could not have picked a better, more emotional, more meaningful song to remix, and he couldn't have done a better job of arranging it if he was Uematsu himself.

Russell Cox. Man. Musician. Genius.

Amen

I've had this on my computer for awhile now, and I still listen to it. It was originally on VGMix. I get as many of Russell Cox's ReMixes as I can!! He has an ingenious way of ReMixing these songs.

I always have felt that if anyone was to make a live-action film of Final Fantasy VII (or Ninja Gaiden -- the other ReMix that he has) I would hope that they would hire him to do the score soundtrack.

Always excellent work, and I hope very much to hear more.

:cry: *sniff* man, I feel like my brother just died or something. Or like someone with a really long sword just wiped out my village and walked off. Oh wait, wait, I think I know why! This is from Lord of the Rings right? no? Well it kicks ass all the same. I mean, this song wasn't even all that good in the game. Sometimes, the most beautiful things come in tacky, poorly wrapped wrapping paper. But as soon as you smash the package and burn the paper, you get a rash. Or something... :?

• 1 month later...

"

I've had this on my computer for awhile now, and I still listen to it. It was originally on VGMix. I get as many of Russell Cox's ReMixes as I can!! He has an ingenious way of ReMixing these songs.

I always have felt that if anyone was to make a live-action film of Final Fantasy VII (or Ninja Gaiden -- the other ReMix that he has) I would hope that they would hire him to do the score soundtrack.

Always excellent work, and I hope very much to hear more.

"

Agreed.

I like symphony and orchestra, but not with the classical feel to it - not efficient enough, or something. This is good, very good. My favorite Russel Cox.

At 2:41 (though my player is often off with it's time keeper) those strings (I think) change chords, and become almost dissonant what with that sharp-sounding bit. But it still sounds right, it just brings out emotion, like the people playing the instruments are trying not to cry. Waah! ;)

• 9 months later...
At 2:41 (though my player is often off with it's time keeper) those strings (I think) change chords, and become almost dissonant what with that sharp-sounding bit.

actually i think that's also part of the original to some extent, although i've got this so "confused" with the original(mostly due to the fact that i dont listen to it anymore, because this is better).

anyway, nice! and i resurrect the star system with giving this one....fifteen stars.

I have only one word to describe this piece...-whoa-...I mean, honestly, you can tell this had a lot of feeling put into it. I am not much into classical (although I am known to listen to it from time to time) but this piece would probably even move a rock -n- roll die hard fan (considering if "he/she" was a FF fan mind you) to emotion...

Awesome job, Russell! :D

Wow, this song brings back memories. Russel did an EXCELLENT job remixing this baby. It's pure, in emotion, power, and majesty.

It really captures Cloud's exposition, in crystal clear musical form. I just cannot imagine a better job than what Russel has already done with this. It's breath-taking, and awe-inspiring.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00910 - Final Fantasy VII "On That Day..."