OCR00910 - Final Fantasy VII "On That Day..."

djpretzel

• 2 months later...

WHOA... just W H O A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok.. after i got past that initial "WHOA" thingy.... I'd like to point out some things that I dont like... i just have trouble thinking of them.. uhh.. well... uhh...... well.. there's really nothing I DONT like.. good job :) I've always loved orchastral remixes and this is just freaking AWESOME.

• 2 months later...

This is by far one of the most touching and beautiful pieces of music I've listened to. The consistent, quiet background parts aren't overpowering the melody, and the harmony of the main part with the background is wonderfully done. There's just enough variety to keep one interested, and everything is so well planned out. A plethora of instrument types work very well here, too. And that single sickening chord toward the end is enough to keep anyone awake for a good hour at a time. Orchestral music with this many parts isn't by any means easy to work with, but this is dead-on to my ears.

Personally, I think you nailed this one. Amazing job.

• 3 weeks later...

Extremely touching and musically well done. The emotion and flavour of this piece grabs the soul and trancends ordinary words.

Technically, there is seems to be glaring error at approximately 1:28 to 1:31 where a looped sample seems to be re-played. The oboe comes back in after a cymbal buildup very quietly and unexpectedly and it seems out of place. This may only be my copy that has this error, so if you don't hear it, blame my ears.

Extremely touching and musically well done. The emotion and flavour of this piece grabs the soul and trancends ordinary words.

Technically, there is seems to be glaring error at approximately 1:28 to 1:31 where a looped sample seems to be re-played. The oboe comes back in after a cymbal buildup very quietly and unexpectedly and it seems out of place. This may only be my copy that has this error, so if you don't hear it, blame my ears.

I never noticed that before.

Woah.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Forgot to look at the remixer name when I downloaded this, so when I read pretzeldude´s review, then Russel shows up, and I jumpes of surprise. Cox has always been good at orchestrics, this is no exception, this piece is great. Strings that indicates fear and sorrow, and a horn that gives this remix some more power to it, and the HARP, that is just DUDE. It´s calm, comforting, and most of all beautiful. RC has really catched the mood of this song and made into a mix for everybody to see, thanks fer that Russeldude, thank you.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I had this piece playing when someone who doesn't know much about video games walked in the room. They asked what movie this was from so they could buy the soundtrack. :D

I have a short playlist of particularly beautiful and meaningful OCReMixes, and this was one of the first on the list. Very well done!

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

brass started out weak, but the harp sounded rockin, so all is forgiven. The chord at 2:42 really threw me off though, and the colors didn't match at all. It resolved fine, and the modulation beyond that was solid, but it was really sudden and not really great, IMO.

Otherwise a very good arrangement, the treatment was very nice. Just a few blemishes on this one.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00910 - Final Fantasy VII "On That Day..."