OCR01678 - Conker's Bad Fur Day "Rhapsody in Poo"

djpretzel

This is simply brilliant. I wouldn't have been too surprised to hear an electronica or metal arrangement of this theme, but the Russian flair is a surprising direction for a song that was surprising to begin with. The quotes from Caravan and from Toccata and Fugue, I think, help really make this. To me, they add a little bit of culture and silliness to the arrangement, which help it keep some of the same feel of the original.

About the lyrics: Don't make a version without the lyrics! Chucky Poo's theme is nothing without its words. However, I do think that people have a point about the maturity (or lack thereof) of the vocals. If you were going to make a censored version, you may as well just take CLAR's approach: replace the words of the offending words with pitched farting sounds.

Question for ilp0,

Are you a fan of Ween? Because this TOTALLY sounds like something they would play. Even the way you've done the lyrics, the voice and the effect on them, hell, I wouldn't even be surprised if I heard the exact lyrics themselves in a Ween song (and yes, I know the lyrics are from the game, I loved that freaking game).

Class. Pure class.

Oh shut up, you lyric haters. You can't have a Great Mighty Poo remix without the lyrics for this wonderful song.

Anyway, this remix is awesome. I've been waiting so long for some Conker's BFD remixes and I'm so happy to finally have one here at OCR.

The lyrics were great within the framework of the game, but they don't sound right in this song... perhaps it's the singing that puts me off. I commented only because I generally enjoy ilp0's remixes, and I was getting into this one until.. the lyrics kicked in :(. I think it's the singing that's done in such a lackadaisical tone. I can't help but roll my eyes when I listen to it. Nevertheless, a good effort, and I look forward to future ilp remixes :).

Hey, hey you, lyric-hater, how about some scat, you little twat?

Seriously, a remix of this song without the lyrics would be pointless.

About the remix itself: the arrangement is nice, but the first part (up until it picks up at 1:52) is a little too slow/dull for me. And the vocals are often hard to understand; I wish they were clearer, so I could appreciate the lyrics more.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Alright, after listening to every remix, and lurking for almost five years, I might as well start writing some reviews.

Well, I must say I rather like this one. The lyrics are absolutely revolting, and yet and can't help but sing along! Very catchy, very light, and yet, when one thinks about the words, absolutely disgusting...and hilarious.

The only problem I could see in this mix is that there are a few parts where I couldn't quite understand the lyrics, but overall quite enjoyable.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

What a laidback tune. ^_^ And the voice is... almost mesmerising. :) The delivery is unique for sure.

Even with the same lyrics, it's such a cool take on the source. Plus, that accordion! :D I like the outro from 3:00. Seems to be about 10 seconds of silence at the end, though. Feels bit long, eh?

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01678 - Conker's Bad Fur Day "Rhapsody in Poo"