OCR00918 - *YES* Radical Dreamers 'Interdit' *FT*

Antonio Pizza

Greetings AP

I just noticed that it looks like a lot of the submissions around the first week of October seem to have fallen through the cracks.. Well I submitted one around about that time and I'm just wondering if you could check up on it for me?

The song's called "Interdit" and it's an Afro-Cuban style mix of the Opening Theme and "Le Tresor Interdit" from the game Radical Dreamers. It can be found at the following URL:

Thanks for your time, I know you judges are really busy

-~•Jaroban•~-

Well for starters, this guy Jaroban is very polite. Bonus points for that... although I do really want to see Pizza quit, because I don't like him, so NO..... (kidding Pizza, kidding!!! ;))

Takes a while to first get started, but when it does it's quite good. Good quality in the sounds, that's always the first thing that wins me over when judging on a remix. It's very streetish and jazzy or whatever. Me like. Don't really need to analyse this too much really - it's all there - quality, variation, originally, length. Not much more to say. Not sure exactly why DJP let this one go through to the judges, he's posted stuff before on his behalf that is worse than this.

Yes

-Jive

OFMG!!! Realistic instruments = 4WESOME!!!! OFMG

Aside from everyone's general love for style and simplistic moody pieces, I found much I liked about this song. Very creative takes on the melody. Very well done sound processing and instrument control. The song is long, 6 minutes, thank GOD (sooo sick of those 2 minuters). It is completely non repetitive. It builds and builds, constantly impressing until... it fades.... and .... ends. Great!

YES

On a side note, I would like to note that this is not really afro-cuban in style. It's definitely jazzy, and as I said before, it uses very technically accurate and rich jazz chords, and the theory is sound. BUT, it is DEFINITELY not like any Afro-Cuban music I'VE ever heard. It's got swing, but it doesn't really have the kind of syncopation that you'd find in Afro-Cuban music. Check out ¡Cubanismo! for an example of what this genre sounds like.

D

Also, folks, take note that this song is a VERY good example of high-quality encoding at 128 kbps... so I don't want to hear about it being impossible.

... Real jazz chords? What's this??? Talent?!? I find this hard to believe... Then again, I haven't heard the original, so this could ... no fuckin way. This can't have been in the original game. Yeah, we have someone with some real jazz theory on hand, even if the sax does sound fake.

YES

D

You haven't heard enough ROMpler saxes, sir - this one's really above par, relatively speaking. It's the brass I have minor beef with, but great stuff nonetheless.