~ Super Bowl ~

zykO

Wow, no love for the Pats at OCR, huh? I'm not real into football but I'll be damned if the Patriots didn't deserve this win.

Well, shit happens.

How did the Patriots deserve the win? The Giants just played much better overall, especially on defense, getting in Brady's face all day and shredding that o-line.

What we had here is a Giants team that played hard for the Super Bowl all postseason (and undermanned at Dallas) and won it with good play, not looking fancy, although that one improbable escape by Manning from being sacked and making a tough throw to Tyree into good coverage was heartening.

Football? Forget that. I am watching the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet.

Yep, 3 hours of puppies running around and acting cute in a set that looks like a tiny stadium. And they play with football doggie toys. An announcer makes football-style comments about the adorable things the puppies are doing, and occasionally a referee steps in and makes a puppy substitution. And then they announce the cutest puppy at the end to win the Most Valuable Puppy award.

It's so exciting. I'm rooting for miniature doxen.

Actually, Jill, DrumUltimA, and myself watched that last year.

^That pic is epic. 10/10.

He really was almost there when that awesome tackle break / pass occured. Great ending to the best Super Bowl game in recent memory.

As far as commercials go, I think that the oboe playing linebacker was great, as was the one with the Bud Light hidden in the cheese wheels. Worst commercials were anything that had to do with the Hyundai Genesis -- what a waste of their money IMO.

How did the Patriots deserve the win? The Giants just played much better overall, especially on defense, getting in Brady's face all day and shredding that o-line.

What we had here is a Giants team that played hard for the Super Bowl all postseason (and undermanned at Dallas) and won it with good play, not looking fancy, although that one improbable escape by Manning from being sacked and making a tough throw to Tyree into good coverage was heartening.

Oh, of course the Giants played better. Otherwise they wouldn't have won. I just think the Patriots have already proved themselves to be a better team than what we saw tonight. Yes, a lot of it was just the Giants shutting them down, but there were points when plays should have been made and simply weren't.

Like I said, I'm by no means a football guru. I can't argue the finer points of the game at a level even close to yours. But I still think the Pats had the skill to take this thing all the way.

Wow, no love for the Pats at OCR, huh? I'm not real into football but I'll be damned if the Patriots didn't deserve this win.

No, actually the last thing that Pats deserved was to win. It'd just be another talking point for their inflated egos and the media's Brady man-crushes.

Remember when the Pats ran up the score on everyone any chance they had during the regular season? Going for the end zone instead of kneeling with 20 seconds left on the clock and up big? Yeah, it all came back to bite them.

Awesome. :)

phenominal game throughout. the giants defense really stepped up and were able to take away the precious protection brady relied on all season. im a bills fan and its kinds nice for the pats to know how it feels for once. ^_^ sorry pats fans, but take one from the bills book - "theres always next year."

I'm not much of a football fan... more then some apparently, but not as much as others... still, I'm a Colts fan by location (if I had to choose a team, I'd go browns... best freakin' name EVER), so I figure a win for the Giants is close enough =P

Oh, wait... sorry... *ahem* WOOOOOHOOOOO!!! THE GIANTS WON!!!

... And since when did the Patriots become the evil boss fight at the end of the game? is there a reason why only patriot fans were rooting for them, while everyone else wanted to see them dead (I mean, aside from all the cheating, is there any other reason?)?

... And since when did the Patriots become the evil boss fight at the end of the game? is there a reason why only patriot fans were rooting for them, while everyone else wanted to see them dead (I mean, aside from all the cheating, is there any other reason?)?

They win to much, that or jealousy.