OHC - Every Thursday is Compo Thursday!

starla

http://compo.thasauce.net/compos/view/OHC

One Hour Compos at ThaSauce! Last week we had a decent turnout of 12 people, the system is set up to handle more so come participate!

We meet up every Thursday at 5 PM Pacific, 8 PM Eastern to create an original piece. Compos run for one hour and are themed. This compo is open to everyone, from aged veterans to first time mixers. You are given until 15 minutes after the hour to finish up and get your song uploaded. You are welcome to create something original or remix pre-existing work, the purpose of this compo is to encourage practice and skill up. You may remix in any program, but please only upload MP3 format encoded at 128kbps or less. Voting ends one week after the completion of the compo.

You are welcome to come to #thasauce on irc.enterthegame.com during the compo as there will be a crowd there. These compos are themed, but there is an extreme shortage of suggestions. Please feel free to suggest what you would like to see in terms of themes!

• 2 weeks later...

Bump for tomorrows compo, again this is open to everyone.

We have a broad theme this week for open interpretation.

http://compo.thasauce.net/rounds/view/OHC003

This week we're trying for 1 hour of main time, 15 minutes to finish up and render, and 15 additional minutes to upload and get everything settled in. Once we figure a good format we'll stick to that so that we can all get maximum enjoyment out of these compos!

I've had a few ideas in general for OHC, rather than just doing themes I think you can do something like give the participants a .midi of a chord progression or bassline and it'd be their job to evolve it into a full song within the hour. Or you could let them freely compose anything but limit them to a certain tempo range or time signature to make things interesting. I'm also still in support of doing the sample packs.

Just a few things to consider.

I've had a few ideas in general for OHC, rather than just doing themes I think you can do something like give the participants a .midi of a chord progression or bassline and it'd be their job to evolve it into a full song within the hour. Or you could let them freely compose anything but limit them to a certain tempo range or time signature to make things interesting. I'm also still in support of doing the sample packs.

Just a few things to consider.

I am very much wanting to do this. Of course the tighter the theme is, the less people who are compelled to participate that week. I might do that once we have a loyal following.

http://compo.thasauce.net/rounds/view/OHC004

This weeks theme is great. Be there, 5 Pacific 8 Eastern <3