Devil May Cry 4

Bozlifyme

I think this is the right place to post.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone out there who gets Devil May Cry 4 today, would be willing to post up some of their impressions. I haven't really played DMC since the first one and when I got the demo on Live, I was impressed. I didn't like 2 or 3 but I did like the demo for 4. I wanna know how it is before I decide to drop 60 bones.

I played the demo too and I thought DMC3 was great for the PS2. DMC4 seems to be more of the same but better in all ways. The high definition was amazing from the demo alone and GameTrailers sums it up best: Great combat derivative/ancient system from DMC1. I wouldn't expect much else from Capcom. Great sequels but always extremely derivative.

I went to pick it up today from gamestop and they didn't even fucking have it. Though i did get a little artbook thing. I'll pick it up tomorrow (ps3 version).

The demo seems really cool. I only ever played the first and second DMC's. I beat 1, played 2 til almost the end and i got a couple levels into 3. DMC 3 seemed to be the one that had a lot of story elements. Seems there were several new characters introduced and story arcs that stayed in the canon storyline (unlike 2). I'm considering playing through 3 before i play 4.

fixed for preference and god damn wussies need not apply and ruin the challenge >:[

no offense :)!!

It's true. The fact that DMC is hard is why it gives you to the tools necessary to be good at it, it just takes a little bit of patience, and feels rewarding to kill enemies stylishly to get you more abilities to unlock. Really motivated me.

Also, keep in mind that if you've been playing DMC3 and not DMC3: Special Edition that you're really punishing yourself. The Special Edition makes the game feels more complete, balances out some of the difficulty which makes the game feel a lot smoother, and gets rid of the god-awfully sadistic save system from the older games. From what I've read, the difficulty issues aren't so much a problem in DMC4.

I wanted to pick it up today but I may have to wait 'til the end of the week.