Remix NIN!

Deathtank

I know this isnt new but NIN realesed a remix album, until here nothing new, they (he) always do it, but this time Mr Reznor gives you every track from Year Zero to remix!

From Amazon:

Product Description

NINE INCH NAILS: Y34RZ3R0R3M1X3D

YEAR ZERO ALBUM REMIXED: STEPHEN MORRIS, BILL LASWELL, KRONOS QUARTET, SAUL WILLIAMS, OLOF DREIJER, THE FAINT AND MORE

REMIX IT YOURSELF: EVERY MASTER MULTI-TRACK MADE AVAILABLE

"I'm very pleased with the way it turned out," says Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails' Y34RZ3R0R3M1X3D (Interscope Records). "Remix records can be disposable garbage (of which I myself have been guilty to some extent) but this collection feels good to me."

Spun off from Year Zero, the #2-charting album issued in the spring, Y34RZ3R0R3M1X3D features a stunning diversity of remixers, from Joy Division and New Order's Stephen Morris to classical crossover pioneer Kronos Quartet and hip-hop poet Saul Williams; from avant-garde leader Bill Laswell, electronica's Olof Dreijer from The Knife, Interpol drummer Sam Fogarino and post-punk revivalists The Faint to an unknown fan who submitted a remix via the Internet.

"I reached out to heroes, friends and strangers," says Reznor. "I encouraged those I approached to do anything and insert themselves as much as possible into the track. Some of the stuff that was done earlier led me to choosing other people to balance things out. The Pirate Robot Midget mix is a fan's work--I thought it was great, it filled a need and I asked permission to use it here. It's always interesting for me to hear my work reinterpreted--I hope it is for you as well."

In fact, purchasers can even reinterpret and remix Year Zero themselves. The CD package for Y34RZ3R0R3M1X3D includes a DVD-ROM containing every track from Year Zero in multi-track format (Mac and PC). Perhaps for the first time, the master multi-tracks for every recording on a major album are being made available to the public. The tracks are pre-formatted for Apple GarageBand and Ableton Live (Mac or PC); the DVD-ROM also adds the demo version of Ableton Live (Mac or PC) and generic WAVE files at 16 bit 44K that can be loaded into any audio editor.

A special Web site, remix.nin.com, will debut upon Y34RZ3R0R3M1X3D's release date. Says Reznor,"Remixes and fun encouraged."

The link: http://www.amazon.com/Y34RZ3R0R3MIX3D-Combo-Nine-Inch-Nails/dp/B000X9PNOQ

So, if youre a remixer and if you like NIN, you could show us what you got! :D

Um.... wow... to be blunt... based on the samples I heard on the page... in my opinion... it sucked...

To be specific...

In fairness the samples do not do a very good job of presenting the tracks. Only tracks 8 & 12 slightly grabs my attention and even then I'm doubtful I'd even consider "borrowing" it to really judge them let alone buying the album all together...

I did not find any of the tracks beyond what I've felt was mediocre at best. Real shame too...

Once again, just my opinion...

er...call me ignorant but whats the name of the instrument Trent is playing in this video? http://www.youtube.com/ninofficial

You are ignorant, not for not knowing what the intrument is, but because that's not Trent, it's Alessandro Cortini, the keyboard player. =P And I have no idea what instrument that is either, lol.

On another note, I thought the remix album was freakin' awesome. I didn't really have high hopes for it, but most of the tracks are brilliant. I still listen to a few of them regularly.

I'm quite a fan of NIN, and I agree yeah it's pretty cool. Old news, but cool. :P

I didn't like Year Zero as much as With Teeth, but still it's good to get this sort of thing happening.

This NIN fansite recently had a comp and released an album of the best remixes. Not too bad ;)

I also remember there being another fan comp to remix the song The Hand That Feeds a couple of years back. From memory, most of that was pretty crappy though.