Psychological movies

Darth Lime

Second on Fight Club, and whatever number placement for Donnie Darko.

"Why are you wearing that bunny suit?"

"Why are you wearing that man suit?"

Donnie Darko is the first example I can think of that doesn't use what I call the "time changing circle theory". Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Donnie Darko is the first example I can think of that doesn't use what I call the "time changing circle theory". Anyone know what I'm talking about?

You mean, how time didn't loop? I can think of plenty of examples that didn't have that -- maybe you should figure out the correct time travel terminology. BTW Donnie Darko used a form of Parallel Universe Theory, in case you didn't catch it.

You mean, how time didn't loop? I can think of plenty of examples that didn't have that -- maybe you should figure out the correct time travel terminology. BTW Donnie Darko used a form of Parallel Universe Theory, in case you didn't catch it.

Yeah, that's what I mean, although I don't see the need for the snarkyness in your reply...

Anyway, in the many tv shows, movies, and games I've seen featuring time travel in their plot, it always happens like this:

One person goes back in time and changes the past, and then gets stuck in your time loop. Their actions are only possible because of previous actions in the past. But those previous actions are only possible because they went back in time in the first place. Its a paradox (if I'm using the correct time travel terminology).

*Donnie Darko spoilers*

Donnie Darko doesn't do that. Donnie goes back in time once, fixes stuff, then dies, meaning he can't go back to do the stuff he just did. But for some reason, everything's okay. No cataclysmic apocalypse, no black hole to rip the universe apart, no nothing! I was quite impressed. That's not what happened in the What If machine episode of Futurama, lol.

The Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal, Red Dragon were all good.... never scene Hannibal Rising.

Secret Window & the Village suckamaballs.

Phone Booth was just ok...

The Sixth Sense was good...

Original Saw was excellent, the sequels have never matched it IMO.

Anyone remember the Butterfly Effect? I liked it... ah shut up.

And *some* already mentioned are good: Apocalypse Now, Momento were really good

Donnie Darko was just weird btw...

The Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal, Red Dragon were all good.... never scene Hannibal Rising.

Agreed. Hannibal Rising was good too. Check it out one day.

Original Saw was excellent, the sequels have never matched it IMO.

The Saw series is starting to piss me off cause I have to remember WTF happened in the first one just to understand whats going on in the forth one. I hate movies like that.

I did too.

I like ones with not so much blood or gore. If their plot twist makes you scream "WTF!", I will like it.

The Invisible, Stay, Memento, The Butterfly Effect, Beautiful Mind... those movies blew my mind.

Me too and I heard that movie sucks or something.

No has mentioned a Hitchcock fliks (you might say his movies don't fall under the requested category but I disagree)...weird.I recommend everything he has done especially Vertigo and Citizen Kane I guess counts too.

Yeah, that's what I mean, although I don't see the need for the snarkyness in your reply...

Anyway, in the many tv shows, movies, and games I've seen featuring time travel in their plot, it always happens like this:

One person goes back in time and changes the past, and then gets stuck in your time loop. Their actions are only possible because of previous actions in the past. But those previous actions are only possible because they went back in time in the first place. Its a paradox (if I'm using the correct time travel terminology).

*Donnie Darko spoilers*

Donnie Darko doesn't do that. Donnie goes back in time once, fixes stuff, then dies, meaning he can't go back to do the stuff he just did. But for some reason, everything's okay. No cataclysmic apocalypse, no black hole to rip the universe apart, no nothing! I was quite impressed. That's not what happened in the What If machine episode of Futurama, lol.

Heh, I kind of wrote that fast, but I'm just semi-obsessed with time travel media, and I wasn't sure what you meant. But yeah, I liked the Parallel Universe Theory (PUT) aspect of Donnie Darko a lot. Any time travel movie that uses PUT doesn't have paradoxes, which is why PUT is so great.

Also, Equilibrium. Badass action, decent ethical/psychological issues.

Yes, I also highly recommend Equilibrium, but it's much more of an action movie than anything else, so if you want an in depth psychological aspect -- you don't really get it.

Yes, pretty damn good, though one part irked me. SPOILERS The part where he goes back in time from the prison and stabs his hands does not work. By their methodology, once you go back it changes things from that point on -- so he would have already come into the prison with scars on his hands; so it wouldn't seem miraculous at all. Anyhow, it is still really good, and was much better than I was expecting, from Ashton especially.