*NO* Tetris (GB) '90 Degrees Again'

djpretzel

Hi, Mr Pretzel, sir!

Ok, here's the lowdown. I made a tetris remix. I like it, and I wanna' see if other people like it. So, I'm sending it to you (well, through you into overclocked, right?), to see what people think. And... here's the information about it.

Name: Tetris - 90º remix

ReMixer: Matt (yeah, I couldn't think of any cool fake names. this'll have to work for now.)

Game: Tetris (oh, didn't I mention that before?) I belive... I'm not sure, but I think it's a song from the first gameboy game.

Contact info: email is subliminal_friction@hotmail.com , and I have a website called The Drawing Board, at

Ah. Sorry, but I don't really have a credit card. Other wise, you could have that too. ^-^ That's it, I guess... oh, right, you're going to want to listen to it.

Place where you can obtain the file:

And that should download fine. The file's about 4600 KB, and lasts for about five minutes. I made it in Fruity Loops. Yep. *starts to wildly tear out hair* Hurry! Write back soooooon!

Thankfully;

Matt

I'm not really big about the synths until about a minute in. Then, it gets REALLY rad. I totally dig the arrangement at this point. However, this same arrangement continues and continues without any major changes. And what's with the chiptune transitions? Sure, they're neat... but... I dunno. It feels like there's not enough power in the main arrangement. The bassline feels like it's not there, and the percussion feels weak.

NO

Most of the transitions here are not very smooth at all, and I hear reverb on the kick drim, nooooooooo!

It's obvious that a lot of drum loops were used here, and the timing leaves much to be desired at times. In addition, when drumloops are layered on top of one another and one is in swing and the other isn't.... :?

This mix is, as one of my friends would say, confused. Tooooo many loops used, bad timing. Some cool ideas, but just too many crammed into one mix.

NO

I really enjoy these drumloops. Can you please give me the contact of the guy you bought them from so I can replace his name with yours and resubmit this to oc? thanks.

Anyway, we have here clipping and almost never more than 2 instruments going at a time. Oh wait, its starting to build.

Looks like its not even going to go into the second part of this melody.

Oh, and now we have sync problems.

NO

and by the way, guys, this is origially an old russian folk song. A very nice one. No gameboy has any claim over the melody.