Composer Icons Added

djpretzel

I've added small (PNG, 2kb or less) cropped mugshots of VGM composers, where available, to all lists of composers (main list plus filtered lists).

I also intend to integrate them into detail pages later today, if there's time.

This seems like a small thing, but pictures can say a thousand words... my hope is that these icons will help people more readily identify a given composer with his or her works through visual association.

We'll be working on tracking down missing images where possible.

Thanks,

-djp

Making composer icons available as avatars would be confusing and ambiguous; the whole reason I added them was to increase recognizability of composers, and pairing them up with one or more forum accounts in my opinion would be more likely to jeopardize that and dilute the benefit.

In other news: http://www.ocremix.org/organization/id/123/

I've integrated the icons into system and organization detail pages as well.

As I mentioned before, I have a few images of composers you ain't got. Ideas on how I should submit them?

I've got about 30 I need to do myself, then Larry suggested we start a thread. Last.fm CAN be a good source, but sometimes - especially when an image hasn't received a lot of votes - it's very uncertain as to whether it's accurate. We don't want pictures of the wrong people ... I'll update this thread when I've processed the 30 queued icons, at which point the fun can commence :)

I've got about 30 I need to do myself, then Larry suggested we start a thread. Last.fm CAN be a good source, but sometimes - especially when an image hasn't received a lot of votes - it's very uncertain as to whether it's accurate. We don't want pictures of the wrong people ... I'll update this thread when I've processed the 30 queued icons, at which point the fun can commence :)

Great, thanks :)