OCR00920 - *YES* Legend of Kyrandia 'Kyrandia Medley'

djpretzel

the8bitavenger@yahoo.com --> Ryan aka Ryan8bit

msabol@gmu.edu --> Matthew Sabol aka DJ Carbunk1e

I wouldn't say that this is the best piece I've ever written, I originally wrote the piece with synthetic guitars, and it sounded like crap. I changed around a lot of samples simply using soundfonts and a very little bit of reason 2.0 to give background music for the guitars. When I suggested that I could use a guitarist, Ryan8bit was the first person to reply, and pull through with the guitar parts. I was so amazed with the first part ("Pools of Sorrow") That I suggested that he try something harder in the second piece ("Timberland Woods"). Thinking he wouldn't be able to pull off the riffs in the second part, I was totally amazed. We originally were planning on doing a 3rd part, but the piece was getting to be too long, and the file size would've been too big. Anyways here is my first coop with ryan8bit called Kyrandia Medley.

~dj carbunk1e (PS, make sure you send the, I GOT THE SUBMISSION, to ryan8bit's address as well)

Some of the keyboard parts are slightly out of time, but I suppose that adds to the live element of it, and complements the guitars, which are excellent. The only critisicm I would make about this mix is that the drums are weak. But then, perhaps that would subtract from the other instuments.

YES

PS. Hmm, the end could have been sustained a little longer.

A few sync problems here, a few tunage problems there.

But man, good job with the guitars! Not only the way they were played, but the way they were implimented in the song.

I would say the weak points are the drums. Also, the guitars should be louder.

Other than that, very nice mixing/medley ability. A better ending could have been better, me thinks.

I dont even need to finish this song.

YES