OCR01681 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past "Lost Dark World"

djpretzel

I love this! The instrumentation is very strong--I especially like the use of the timpani. I couldn't just listen once the first time, this is a remix that needs to be replayed several times to catch all the nuances. It will probably take many listens to really get it. Fantastic debut!

Completely awe-inspiring interpretation. It is completely dynamic and exciting throughout, and the subtle (at at times not-so-subtle) tempo changes really give it a sense of life. Balance is wonderful, and the textures are varied for each section.

Completely captivating from start to finish. There's not much else for me to say besides stellar work. This is the best spade I've heard in a long time. :-)

I like this piece. (keep in mind I'm a perfectionist) I'm assuming that EWQL was used or it sure sounded like it. I heard the brass in certain places sound kinda (machine gun'ish) at times. With EWQL you should use RR or Round Robin staccato samples to improve that in future arrangements. Other than that it's an awesome rendition of a great theme. Very nice job indeed

-Derek-

Beautiful music here and great arrangment and development of themes. Funny thing is, I recently started a Dark World orchestral arragement myself. Needless to say, it's now officially scrapped :D.

I really would've liked to hear this song to full-bore on the main Dark World theme, but despite that, it's still a very pleasing arrangement. The Death Mountain section really brought back memories of the first time I reached that point in the game (yeah, the rabbit part). Pieces that bring back this kind of nostalga are my favorite listens. Well done.

Grab yer ten-gallon hat an' ride on in to town with this rip-snortin' good remix of two of th' Dark World themes from The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, pardner! Yeehaw!!

Okay, but seriously. This sounds like something out of a Western movie. And incidently, I highly approve of that concept. It's a very pretty song with both calm and exciting parts to it. Well done!

• 2 weeks later...

Well-made piece, though it's a little too interpreted for my taste at some points. I'm probably going to get shot for this, but i actually hate it when someone change the main melody with the classic "take-the-last-tone-and-bump-it-up-one-note" formula. The later interpretations of the melody was great though.

Overall, very high quality stuff!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01681 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past "Lost Dark World"